You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We're all frustrated about our lack of business.

As much I want to blame FSG, I think it's Klopp.

The reason I've come to this conclusion is he's never shown any urgency with regards to our squad outside the first XI, even in January transfer windows with players out injured.

He's not a cheque book manager. So he's perfect for FSG.

That said, we've probably got the best group of youngsters we've had for a very long time. Whether they are good enough is another question, but they should all get some games this season.

I just hope we don't let anyone go like Harry Wilson before the window closes

3 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

I wouldnt be too suprised if Harry Wilson ended up at Bournemouth and we signed Ryan Fraser in some sort of swap deal, Howe has pretty much said he expects Fraser to go, could be a good option for us.

Would be a good deal for us I reckon. Wilson probably isn’t suited to our high intensity pressing game. From the matches I’ve seen he seems to go missing for long spells, and pace and strength isn’t quite at the required level. His left foot is world class no doubt, but I feel that alone isn’t enough.

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I too am a bit disappointed we added nobody at all. I don't think the world is ending, but not signing a quality player to join the side is a bit disappointing. I only care if it's the manager's choice or the owners restricting him. If it's the former, then fine. If it's the owners, then it's a problem.

I don't see the two as exclusive. The calibre of player Kopp wants is not what FSG are willing to pay, would be my guess.

15 minutes ago, m0e said:

I don't see the two as exclusive. The calibre of player Kopp wants is not what FSG are willing to pay, would be my guess.

I expect you're right. My guess is that Jurgen has used up the salary budget by improving the contracts of all the key players.  Even Virgil has had a bump up and he's way off the expiry of his contract.  We've made savings withStudge and Moreno going but I expect that's small beer compared with all the other increases. 

• Upvote 1

I'm disappointed we haven't added any one but Klopp has certainly earned some faith based on his squad building abilities so far.

I haven't seen any of the big clubs making  impressive buys, if loads of good business was being done and we were being outbid I'd be worried, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

He's shown that he's prepared to wait until he gets the players he wants, and he's also carefully crafted a dressing room of personalities that all seem to get along very well, so probably isn't willing to risk that careful balance just for one of two squad players who might do a job.

I suspect he feels Oxlaide-Chamberlain  and Keita with another year under his belt constitute reasonable enough reinforcements. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

We're all frustrated about our lack of business.

As much I want to blame FSG, I think it's Klopp.

The reason I've come to this conclusion is he's never shown any urgency with regards to our squad outside the first XI, even in January transfer windows with players out injured.

He's not a cheque book manager. So he's perfect for FSG.

That said, we've probably got the best group of youngsters we've had for a very long time. Whether they are good enough is another question, but they should all get some games this season.

I just hope we don't let anyone go like Harry Wilson before the window closes

Klopp is the best signing this club has made since Paisley quit. He has built the best side on the planet. Of course we all was a new player or two but giving Klopp down the banks is .... well its just fucking stupid. 

Here is Tokyo Joe (best red ever) to tell you what he thinks

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I'm disappointed we haven't added any one but Klopp has certainly earned some faith based on his squad building abilities so far.

I haven't seen any of the big clubs making  impressive buys, if loads of good business was being done and we were being outbid I'd be worried, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

He's shown that he's prepared to wait until he gets the players he wants, and he's also carefully crafted a dressing room of personalities that all seem to get along very well, so probably isn't willing to risk that careful balance just for one of two squad players who might do a job.

I suspect he feels Oxlaide-Chamberlain  and Keita with another year under his belt constitute reasonable enough reinforcements. 

This is key. Someone who was seen as a potential backup to the front three went to Arsenal for 90m. From France. The market is so skewed it's getting harder to find value in the way we do business. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He'd be a luxury player imo what we really need is a finisher. Imagine a Torres in this outfit?

He'd be great. I'm not too concerned about the finishing though. I think Salah will score 35-40 goals again if he's fit for the whole season. We need more goals from midfield. Our midfielders average less than 2 goals a season.

Awww bless poor Baldy they are skint!!! Cunts

PEP: CITY COULDN'T AFFORD MAGUIRE

Pep Guardiola admitted Manchester City could not afford Harry Maguire, and congratulated Manchester United on securing the defender.

Maguire has been seen leaving Manchester United's training ground as his world-record transfer from Leicester edges closer.

Asked if Maguire would turn United into title challengers, Guardiola said: "Yeah. Maguire is an excellent, top class player.

"We were interested, but we could not afford it. United afford it. He's an excellent player, national team too, he had an incredible World Cup

12 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Awww bless poor Baldy they are skint!!! Cunts

PEP: CITY COULDN'T AFFORD MAGUIRE

Pep Guardiola admitted Manchester City could not afford Harry Maguire, and congratulated Manchester United on securing the defender.

Maguire has been seen leaving Manchester United's training ground as his world-record transfer from Leicester edges closer.

Asked if Maguire would turn United into title challengers, Guardiola said: "Yeah. Maguire is an excellent, top class player.

"We were interested, but we could not afford it. United afford it. He's an excellent player, national team too, he had an incredible World Cup

Still managed to break their transfer record this summer. Prick.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Reports Utd are going to pay Mandzukic £120,000 a week for 3 years, 33 years old and a fee of £15 million

With the fees today its not that bad if he stays fit. They'll likely sell him after 12 or 24 months and get a small fee back. He a hard working fucker, always rated him. 

Juve clearing room for another striker, just wonder if it's Lukaku or Icardi

14 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

But they have pulled out of the Dybala deal because of his wage demands.

Weird that. Was always told without Champions League football it's still easy to get top players if you just pay up. Except all of a sudden, these players want these crazy wage demands that the club can't pay (aka the player doesn't want to come). Funny this is happening to United now and they have far more money now than us than when we weren't in the Champions League.  

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Weird that. Was always told without Champions League football it's still easy to get top players if you just pay up. Except all of a sudden, these players want these crazy wage demands that the club can't pay (aka the player doesn't want to come). Funny this is happening to United now and they have far more money now than us than when we weren't in the Champions League.  

United signed Pogba and Maguire without CL football FYI.