You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

The fact we have such a boss starting 11 is having an impact on our market. 2 years ago we had a pool of players to choose from who could improve our first team. Look at how we set-up.... 

No-one replaces Allison, TAA, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Salah, Firmino, Mane. 

That leaves 3 spots 2 of which you won't find many better in their places than Henderson/Milner/Gini. We also hope to see Keita sort his shit out and be the player we bought and AOC coming back means our midfield is fucking boss. I am not forgetting Milner who will still have a massive part to play as well and in a lot of games will and should be our first midfielder on the team-sheet. 

Not knocking Matip because he was boss the last 3 months of the season but we could bring in a better CB. Not many to choose from though. 

The problem is the bench. No-one coming through is going to make a big impact new season. Shaqiri was great signing but I can't see us getting much from him next season, Lallana is a walking popadom, Origi yeah scores us big goals and glad we have kept him but he isn't filling the gap if Bobby gets injured. No cover at LB and Clyne fucked.... we need more players no doubt about it. Not mega money signings but adequate cover. We won't be as lucky with injuries next year. 

I wouldn't change our starting 11 for any other in the world. 

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc3RhZGlhLXNwb3J0cy5jby51

• Upvote 4

Why would Zaha, who allegedly wants to player European football and challenge for trophies, leave Palace for Everton ?

They have funded the deal by selling two of their three assists, hence weakening their squad further. From a purely footballing view it makes no sense for Zaha to go there. 

33 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

It's saying a player will move from Everton to Palace. 

I'd be very surprised if this happened. 

It's Tosun I think.  They've probably valued him at £30m plus in the deal. 

Getting Sancho next summer would make this summer feel a bit more acceptable. I think he's the best player we could possibly target to play in our front three.

I mean obviously us going for a player like that will be funded by us selling first, but hopefully it's selling some combination of backups or older lads like Wijnaldum, Lovren, Shaqiri etc, rather than Mo or Mane.

46 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That’s his level. I’ve been saying Zaha’s fucking crap for ages.

19,000 posts across nine years on this forum and I’ve finally been proven right on something. 

This is the post that will see Liverpool make a late bid with Mignolet going the other way. 

21 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

That screams 'use liverpool to drive the price up'. 

LIVERPOOL 'BEWILDERED' AT PEPE LINK

by James Pearce 26/7/2019

The Echo can exclusively reveal that Liverpool have had no contact with Lille forward Nicolas Pépé. CEO, Ted Crilly, mumbled, 'get to feck, we can't afford players like that. I'm feckin' bewildered, so I am'. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp responded to the link by laughing for 12 minutes and then saying 'boom'. 

Click to Read More...

• Upvote 1