You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Ads Lallana can be the English Dybala. 

Los Lobos sung a song about that. 

Dybala Lallana, Dybala Lallana se necesita una poca de gracia Una poca de gracia pa' mi pa' ti y arribay arriba Ah y arriba y arriba por ti seré, por ti seré, por ti seré

KLOPP RUBBISHES BALE LINKS

Jurgen Klopp has dismissed any talk of Liverpool making a move for Gareth Bale this summer and says they need a team rather than individuals.

Talking ahead of their pre-season match against Sporting Lisbon - which you can follow live on the Sky Sports website and app - Klopp said: "Bale is a Real Madrid player and if he leaves it will be outstandingly expensive and big wages.

"He is an outstanding player, I like him a lot but it is not about him. You have to create a team. A team is not a collection of the best individual players, they have to work together.

"Liverpool is a long-term project. The team is really good. Will there be difficult situations? Probably. There would be if we bring in a new player, or two or three. I didn't say we won't do anything, it is going to be a big window for sure but people don't think about the people who are already in."

5 hours ago, Boss said:

Use of words very telling. Confirming the owners not given him any money this year. 

No way he will sign another contract with these owners. People have said he only serves 7 years at a club, that's just a coincidence.

He would have stayed longer at Dortmund if the team hadn't started struggling. He will stay as long as he thinks his methods can continue to work under the owners restrictions. 

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Very disappointed. Expected Fernandes to play for Sporting in the first half, sign for us at half time, and run out in a Liverpool shirt in the second half.

That goal he scored? I expected him to do that. But against his own keeper. 

Does seem a bit strange he keeps mentioning money and how we can't or won't be doing big deals....the comments about Coutinho and him saying 'big big big big big money' and us not spending it are a bit strange.

Why not just say 'i am happy with my squad and what have'

All this could be a game to keep things under radar, could all be a game protecting any deals we may be looking at to stop us getting rinsed - but Klopp's comments are to me a bit funny 

Signing 60/70m players every summer isn’t sustainable.  The thing is when you do that the price just keeps going up as do the wages as well.  After spending a lot in the last 18 months the club have decided to put the brakes on to stop clubs thinking they can take the piss.  Everyone has been sucking Edwards off for how well we have done in the transfer market in and out.  It reminds me of a quote from Jack from Lost.  “Everybody wants me to be the leader until I make a decision they don’t like.”

Klopp spoke ages ago about packing it in if he ever had to spend 100m on a player.  He’s since said that club had to then convince him to spend big money on Virg and Alisson because that’s how it is now and we would get left behind if we didn’t.  He couldn’t be making things clearer.  Talking about the long term and how just signing quick fixes and players they haven’t thoroughly scouted because they’re the latest flavour in the newspapers isn’t his style and never has been.

The owners, Edwards and Klopp are clearly all on the same page.  We’ve just won the fucking European Cup.  Klopp has been here for nearly 4 years and is signed up for another 3 but that’s somehow a sign he’s not sticking around.  Jesus fucking christ.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

So Clyne is out for 6 months, Lallana is just Lallana and now Ox is struggling with a calf injury to get to level he wants to according to Klopp, if we don’t sign anyone then the club needs their fucking head read, it’s an opportunity to kick on not fall back, utter madness.