You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 hours ago, J-V said:

He can speak Spanish don't believe the bollocks you read.  Maybe he chooses not to socialize with a bunch of cunts.

Ok, so he can speak Spanish, he just does not want to .... not sure what is the best really ....

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Ok, so he can speak Spanish, he just does not want to .... not sure what is the best really ....

He has lived there for six years. His Spanish is pretty bad. Although he probably suffers from shitting himself about making mistakes. Quite common when Spanish has 783 verb tenses. But, it's six fucking years...

I think the problem, however, is that he just hangs around with the little group that doesn't want to speak Spanish. With players like Kroos. This has completely alienated him from the rest of squad.

He's on enormous wages, is always injured, most of the squad don't like him, the fans want him gone, the manager wants him gone. £400m bid from United please.

14 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Apparently the most reliable Real Madrid journo is saying Bale is likely to join a Chinese club. 

Also, Idrissa Gueye is going to PSG for about 30m. Big loss for Everton. 

I was reading an article about Bale going to China, when I was knocked out of my chair by the revelation that Ezequiel Lavezzi earns half a million quid a fucking week out there. Good player, but fucking hell.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

I was reading an article about Bale going to China, when I was knocked out of my chair by the revelation that Ezequiel Lavezzi earns half a million quid a fucking week out there. Good player, but fucking hell.

I'm confused how football can pay so much in a country that claims to be Communist. But that's for another thread on another forum for other posters who know more on these things. 

58 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Do you want a rundown on the Ligue 1 players I think we should be looking at? I'm on my lunch break.

He’s still on it, lunch break in France at the end of July is from 11 am till 6 pm ....

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

Absolutely, Ligue 1 guy. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I want to see your choices whittled down to 7, and I want a promise that Number 4 Will Shock Me. 

Alright let's do it. 7 it is. Ligue 1 is "la ligue des talents" but I get the need for conciseness. Also, if they have YS next to their names in the list, it means they qualify as young studs according to my own definition. Finally, Mbappé is not included as he's too obvious and number 4 may in fact shock you, it's a bit of a controversial call.

Related image 7. Ismaila Sarr, Forward, Rennes (YS)  Quick as shit. The kids would say he's a Mané "regen" because he's from Senegal but he's a different player. A bit more direct, a bit less unpredictable. Just pure pace and his gait is long as fuck. He'd be a great alternative to our front three as he can play all 3 forward positions, although he'd have a lot to learn. Watford are in for him, apparently. He'll be a danger.

Related image 6. Rafael Leao, Forward, Lille (YS)

He's a really talented and complete forward already. He's big and fast (stud qualities), can run in behind and his touch is decent. We won't buy him because it seems the club trust Origi and Brewster, but this kid is up next, man. He can flat out play ball.

Related image 5. Thiago Mendes, Midfielder, Lyon

We won't sign him either because he's 27 and just signed for Lyon, but he's a really dynamic and also intelligent midfielder. He's mobile, has good technique, can play multiple positions. I think he could play for anyone in the world, frankly. One of the most underrated players out there.

Image result for houssem aouar 4. Houssem Aouar, Midfielder, Lyon (YS)

I'm not as big on him as I once was, which is why I picked a small photo of him. Still has young stud technique and vision, but the physicality aspect is not there yet which means he can disappear at times and I think his positioning is a bit unclear. I don't know if he would be an ideal fit for our midfield but the potential is there.

Image result for william saliba 3. William Saliba, Centre Back, St-Étienne (YS)

Arsenal will sign him which is a shame because this kid is a tower of power at just 18 goddamn years of age. He's a tank, no doubt got all the pussy in high school.

Image result for youcef atal 2. Youcef Atal, Right Back, Nice

I'm huge on this kid. He's freakishly talented. Right back, but to be honest, he could play anywhere except centre half and striker. He'd be a plus for any team. His dribbling, close control and acceleration are absolutely sickening. Genuinely, it makes me sick that someone could be that talented at carrying a football.

Image result for nicolas pepe 1. Nicolas Pépé, Forward, Lille

Everyone knows I think this guy is the one. It's absurd how closely he fits the Mané and Salah mould of lightning quick wide forward who scores loads of goals. I will fucking hate it if we don't sign him. Fucking hate it.

• Upvote 11