You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Thank you Mr Hedge Fund, sir, for seeing a gift of an investment opportunity and saving us. 

*doffs cap*

Said it before and I’ll say it again. While their interests and ours align, fine. But trust them - nah. As a football fan you’d be stupid to trust any owner these days.

What do you mean by trust?

You can absolutely trust FSG to behave the way they have since they bought us.

They’re most interested in the value of their asset over everything else.

They will only spend money the club earns.

They are interested in winning only up to the point where it raises the value of the club.

Sometimes they will make good decisions, sometimes they will make bad ones, but their aims are always the same.

Luckily for us winning stuff raises the value of the club through increasing fans, competition revenues and commercial opportunities.

Also luckily for us they’ve been making some good decisions lately after starting out pretty shoddily.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

He'd be a reasonable replacement for Eriksson who they seem certain to lose. Good for us though as I think it'll be highly unlikely bale will get on the pitch anywhere like as often as Eriksson. Wonder where he'll end up? 

Eriksson strikes me as the kind of player Juventus wil sign up on a free transfer. 

14 hours ago, 05 Milan said:

We have been rebuilt from de facto bankruptcy to champions of Europe in under ten years, turning healthy profits, paying world record fees for top players, enjoying our best league campaign ever, playing fantastically entertaining football for the most part, expanding Anfield, building a great new training complex, and still managed to play by the rules and remain FFP compliant. It's a bloody marvellous feat by FSG, and if they are solely driven by financial gain, then I hope for our sake that never changes.

I've always said it's Klopp and not FSG. FSG have always backed managers financially.

He's the one that has to want to sign players. He's never shown any urgency in getting rid of some players, rather working with what he has etc.

We have to accept that he's not a cheque book manager like a Mourinho or Pep.

Lets just hope nothing happens to our front 3 this season, most of which have not had a break this summer.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

They are interested in winning only up to the point where it raises the value of the club.

This is a pretty sweeping statement - especially for an ownership group that are current champions in both sports they are involved in.

So -- is there a scenario where winning does not raise the value of the club?

28 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Eriksson strikes me as the kind of player Juventus wil sign up on a free transfer. 

Yeah, maybe. But levy doesn't strike me as a man who wants to head down a path of a free transfer. And where the fuck would they play him, they seem to be stockpiling players at the moment.

I'd be all over Eriksson. I've no idea quite how we'd use him, but I think klopps astuteness in reconfiguring our attacking shape slightly with each addition (and loss with coutonho) has been the stand out tactical part of the work he's done. He'd find a way to use Eriksson I think, because he's a top class hardworking attacking player. I doubt we'd want to meet the cost unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Eriksen ? Fuck no. He's a lazy cunt and has a questionable attitude. Always gone missing when it really matters.

Most Spurs fans aren't arsed if he leaves, which says it all.

You know they are talking about Christien and not Sven-Goran? 

Eriksen has tremendous workrate in addition to being really good. I wouldn't pay massive money for him, though. He's at his peak and he hasn't shown to be a difference maker at the very highest level.

What's telling is that he gave a come and get me plea at the end of the season and no top club seems all that interested. 

But if it was a choice between him or Coutinho for our squad and style of play, I'd pick Eriksen. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

This is nice and succinct on Bale here:

Speaking after the game, Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon."

Bales agent has called Zidane a disgrace after he said that, all over for him there, Bayern to replace Ribery I reckon

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

This is nice and succinct on Bale here:

Speaking after the game, Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon."

I like the fact he used the term 'we' when in reality he means 'I'.