You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Spurs seem to be having a defensive clearout. Aside from the fact that it's about time some of their better players (like Eriksen) get linked elsewhere they way all our better players always seemed to until recently, they'd have to spend big on a number of defenders. £30m seems to be the going rate for potential, rising to about £50m for English players thanks to the English tax, and since the likes of Trippier, Alderweireld and Rose have all been linked with moves away, that's probably £100m minimum just to stand still.

I'm surprised that Atletico are pushing for Trippier at £20m when Dani Alves (although older and probably wanting more money) is still available for free.

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

Spurs seem to be having a defensive clearout. Aside from the fact that it's about time some of their better players (like Eriksen) get linked elsewhere they way all our better players always seemed to until recently, they'd have to spend big on a number of defenders. £30m seems to be the going rate for potential, rising to about £50m for English players thanks to the English tax, and since the likes of Trippier, Alderweireld and Rose have all been linked with moves away, that's probably £100m minimum just to stand still.

I'm surprised that Atletico are pushing for Trippier at £20m when Dani Alves (although older and probably wanting more money) is still available for free.

Arent City signing Alves?

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Just like every signing that wasn't good 

And also the successes, like Coutinho and Sturridge.  

There was definitely something wrong about how we went about signing players back then.  It wasn't all on Rodgers.  

This summer will be a better indicator of his judgement in the transfer market, I reckon.  

Christian Eriksen getting linked with Atletico now. Why aren't we going for this? He's perfect.

His work rate is ridiculous as well. He's one of the few players in the league that covers a similar distance to Milner and Henderson. 

We have too many midfielders already. Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Ox, Lallana, Shaqiri for three places. Trent could fill in there too.

I was kind of hoping we'd be in touch with Eriksen's agent telling him to sit tight til next year when we could get him on a free but if Atletico are interested i doubt that would work. Next year we'd be losing Milner, hopefully Lallana and maybe one more so he'd be able to come in and provide experience and quality, plus we wouldn't have to deal with Levy.

49 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Charlie Austin has fallen out of favour at Saints.

Worth a punt?

He'd definitely be good at putting the cones down. Maybe even picking them up again.

“But we are fine. I’m happy with the team, we are really happy. We have to see if we find maybe one position, if we find something for it, but there’s no real pressure because it’s not about signing a player. We have solutions for all the situations.

Philippe-Coutinho-852901.jpg&f=1

4 hours ago, Boss said:

Christian Eriksen getting linked with Atletico now. Why aren't we going for this? He's perfect.

His work rate is ridiculous as well. He's one of the few players in the league that covers a similar distance to Milner and Henderson. 

He was covering the most distance in Europe when he was at Ajax. I imagine it's still similar. 

9 hours ago, Boss said:

Age and wages. 

Two bad things for FSG