You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

14 minutes ago, Boss said:

There's reports that PSG just want money for Neymar. If that's true, they'd have to sell Coutinho to someone. Chelsea have a transfer ban and he won't move to a rival, so it's pretty much only us. 

Of course he would.

3 hours ago, moof said:

I would take Coutinho on a two year loan. Would add great quality in depth and I’m sure Klopp could get him playing like his old self again. 

On the other hand, fuck him - the sore back wanker 

He's a dodgy back bit of a risk imo

Makes sense

I'd get the other young keeper out on loan to if Mingolet stays. Keepers need games. Curtis Jones out to. Not seen enough put of any of the kids bar Brewster and possibly Hoever that make them look ready

Yeah, makes a lot of sense I think. Grabara was on pre-season tours last year so he is obviously quite highly thought of. Hopefully he will get games at Huddersfield or at least get on the bench.

I would like to see Jones go on loan myself, I think he is very talented but he struggled when he did play last season, he looked a long way out of his depth. He needs games as you say. 

28 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Like him more than Kelleher tbh, the kid's got a chance.

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He was ahead of kelleher a year/18 months ago wasn't he

Grabara is the better keeper of the 2 and needs to be competing for a first team role, where Kelleher still has another season before he's ready for a loan move, in my opinion.

On top of those 2 promising keepers, we have Vitezslav Jaros who was mighty impressive for the 18s last season and will likely see plenty of action for the 19s in the UEFA Youth League, the 21s in the EFL Trophy and in the 23s. I expect that the keepers in the youth sides will be rotated a fair amount to give them all game time.

Plus, earlier this year, we brought in a 16 year old Polish keeper, Jakub Ojrzynski, who is another highly thought after keeper. He's now part of the 28 man squad that will be travelling to the US, replacing Jaros who picked up an injury in training and will be out for a while.

We're well stocked between the posts beyond Alisson and Mignolet.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

What happened with that kid with the man bun we we supposed to be signing from Fulham? Shouldn't he be leaning on something by now?

They're still trying to get his hair through the doors.

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

I reckon we’d sell him without a replacement. Between Virgil, Matip, Joe G, Fabinho and Hoever, Klopp would deffo think he’s got it covered. 

Mostly agree with that as he's probably 4th choice now, but fitness of Matip and Gomez surely still a bit of a concern.

Klopp seems content with keeping the player as his third choice centre-back, with Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Joe Gomez all ahead of him in the pecking order.

The 30-year-old would likely also have to accept a pay cut on his salary if the San Siro is his preferred destination too.

As per the report, the Rossoneri are said to be prepared to offer him a four-year contract worth €3million per season.

He is currently on €5million per season at Liverpool, and has two years left to run on his current arrangement.

Klopp obviously liked Lovren and for a lot of games he played last year he looked as good as he has for us (although its difficult to look bad with VVD next to you). 

Matip and VVD appear to be the first picks and he will want Gomez playing when fit too so yeah Lovren will be 4th choice if he stays. At this stage of his career he won't want that and will rightly want to be playing every week even if it means elsewhere. Especially with a champions league medal now. Milan would be a good move for him. 

We would need cover though. I'd like to have seen us go for Ake. I reckon he could push for a first team spot. 

• Upvote 1