You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

27 minutes ago, moof said:

Is it just me who’s glad we’re not really involved in this bullshit this year?

I’m pretty happy with our squad, I don’t think there’s a lot we could do to improve it, not in this market. It’s very well rounded and packed full of talent. 

Im sure if a player we really like becomes available then we’d make a move, but we’re not bending over backwards to take part in a complete shitfest - and I like it 

Dave - to summarise, Moof is asking for a name change to FSG Shill. 

Agree with you though. I think the absence of drama on this thread over the lack of business is telling enough too. We're in a better place than we've been in a long, long time.

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Read what I posted myself, then work out who the stupid one is here. Cheeky cunt. 

I read it and felt like I lost brain cells after it.  You seem to think that a club signing a player for a 120m whilst paying him hundreds of thousands of euros a week are taking the piss because they’re being forced to put a release clause in have decided to set it so high that nobody could come in and activate it is the equivalent of modern day slavery.  Completely missing the point that it doesn’t stop clubs bidding whatever they want for him and Barcelona still being able to accept any of these bids and also that Barcelona are forced to pay his wages regardless of how motivated or good at his job he remains for the whole of the contract.

I’ve read some fucking daft shite on here but this honestly ranks up there because of the various levels of wilfully brain dead stupidity this view contains 

7 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Oh fate is a cruel mistress, Greizmann has be given Coutinho's no. 7 shirt at Barca, leaving the poor little gimp with no number, no position and no home.

Wandering like an aimless, gormless mistrel. The grass isn't always greenr hey..

Haha fucking hell, almost felt sorry for him for a split second there. Almost 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, The Guest said:

I read it and felt like I lost brain cells after it.  You seem to think that a club signing a player for a 120m whilst paying him hundreds of thousands of euros a week are taking the piss because they’re being forced to put a release clause in have decided to set it so high that nobody could come in and activate it is the equivalent of modern day slavery.  Completely missing the point that it doesn’t stop clubs bidding whatever they want for him and Barcelona still being able to accept any of these bids and also that Barcelona are forced to pay his wages regardless of how motivated or good at his job he remains for the whole of the contract.

I’ve read some fucking daft shite on here but this honestly ranks up there because of the various levels of wilfully brain dead stupidity this view contains 

I can't be arsed. I'm sure you'll get over it. You've obviously been gifted with more brain cells than myself. 

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Dave - to summarise, Moof is asking for a name change to FSG Shill. 

Agree with you though. I think the absence of drama on this thread over the lack of business is telling enough too. We're in a better place than we've been in a long, long time.

The forum is in the muck though.

Can only really hope Salah and Mane get injured and miss the first half dozen games.

43 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Oh fate is a cruel mistress, Greizmann has be given Coutinho's no. 7 shirt at Barca, leaving the poor little gimp with no number, no position and no home.

Wandering like an aimless, gormless mistrel. The grass isn't always greenr hey..

I’m sure there’s an opening for somebody to clean Greizmann’s boots.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/571891/liverpool-transfer-news-barcelona-enquire-about-virgil-van-dijk-but/amp/

Release clauses are mandatory in Spanish footy, are they not?  The reason they are inflated to such amounts is to warn off potential suitors.  Barca never thought in a million years that Neymar's £200m clause would be activated, but they were wrong.  Greizmann's 800m clause is clearly designed to prevent someone like PSG from coming in again and activating the clause.  

43 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Release clauses are mandatory in Spanish footy, are they not?  The reason they are inflated to such amounts is to warn off potential suitors.  Barca never thought in a million years that Neymar's £200m clause would be activated, but they were wrong.  Greizmann's 800m clause is clearly designed to prevent someone like PSG from coming in again and activating the clause.  

Surely they  could just issue a Hands Of Warning

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure the release clause is actually to be paid by the player himself, rather than they team he is going to sign for. Once he pays that fee then he is free to negotiate terms with his new team and they may well give him a signing-on fee to cover the release clause.

8 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm pretty sure the release clause is actually to be paid by the player himself, rather than they team he is going to sign for. Once he pays that fee then he is free to negotiate terms with his new team and they may well give him a signing-on fee to cover the release clause.

I think it has to be lodged at La Liga headquarters.

Ive written to Klopp explaining the state of affairs on this forum and we both agreed it cant go on.

Bid for the actual retired Scott Parker imminent.

That should restore the decorum of insanity that we will all find a bit more comfortable 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Afraid you've had a bit of a mare here, mate. It happens to all of us from time to time.

Why. For having a difference of opinion on a ridiculous buy out clause? 

If players are happy to sell their souls to a club, then so be it. Doesn't mean I have to agree to it, or like it. 

Would you tie yourself to a firm just because they paid well? Or would you rather have the freedom to decide your own future should you want to move on. These huge buy out clauses are just a way of giving clubs total control over a players career or future, then again, greedy players will always agree to selling their services to a club if the price is right. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Why. For having a difference of opinion on a ridiculous buy out clause? 

If players are happy to sell their souls to a club, then so be it. Doesn't mean I have to agree to it, or like it. 

Would you tie yourself to a firm just because they paid well? Or would you rather have the freedom to decide your own future should you want to move on. These huge buy out clauses are just a way of giving clubs total control over a players career or future, then again, greedy players will always agree to selling their services to a club if the price is right. 

BUYOUT CLAUSES ARE A RESTRICTION ON A CLUB NOT A PLAYER YOU RAGING FUCKING IMBECILE.  IF THERE WAS NO BUYOUT CLAUSE LIKE THERE AREN’T FOR MOST DEALS IN ENGLAND THAT MEANS THE CLUB COULD REFUSE AN INFINITE AMOUNT INSTEAD OF A BUYOUT AMOUNT.  HOW IS THIS NOT GOING INTO YOUR TINY BRAIN?

• Downvote 6

17 minutes ago, The Guest said:

BUYOUT CLAUSES ARE A RESTRICTION ON A CLUB NOT A PLAYER YOU RAGING FUCKING IMBECILE.  IF THERE WAS NO BUYOUT CLAUSE LIKE THERE AREN’T FOR MOST DEALS IN ENGLAND THAT MEANS THE CLUB COULD REFUSE AN INFINITE AMOUNT INSTEAD OF A BUYOUT AMOUNT.  HOW IS THIS NOT GOING INTO YOUR TINY BRAIN?

You shouting would switch anyone off