You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

25 minutes ago, Thoth said:

George Harrison’s** Dad is Phillipe Couthino 

C03B0FF5-FE14-4E20-8248-5014E105E852.jpeg

# Cou* was a man we thought was not a moaner,

But he knew it wouldn't last,

Cou* left his home for Nou Camp, Barcelona,

And some Catalonia grass,

Bad back!

Bad back!

Bad back for when you wanna be gone...#

*I hated when anyone called him that by the way!

** I know it wasn't one of Harrison's songs!

• Upvote 6

Aston Villa are buying a player called Douglas Luiz from Man City for £15m. Luiz has never even played for City, instead spending 2 years on loan at Girona, the Spanish club owned by them. He stills needs a work permit. City getting over the odds for their flotsam and jetsam, who'd have thought it? Last year, they sold Brahim Diaz in a deal worth over £20m to Real Madrid, and he'd made fewer appearances for them than Dominic Solanke had for us when we sold Solanke to Bournemouth.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Aston Villa are buying a player called Douglas Luiz from Man City for £15m. Luiz has never even played for City, instead spending 2 years on loan at Girona, the Spanish club owned by them. He stills needs a work permit. City getting over the odds for their flotsam and jetsam, who'd have thought it? Last year, they sold Brahim Diaz in a deal worth over £20m to Real Madrid, and he'd made fewer appearances for them than Dominic Solanke had for us when we sold Solanke to Bournemouth.

They may as well be selling Keyser Soze.

Guest Pistonbroke
18 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Costa at Everton would be amazing - he'd be a right mardy twat, turn up for two games a season, be paid a king's ransom, and headbutt Duncan Ferguson. Make it so.

He hardly scores these days, he'd fit in perfectly at Goodison. 

Tottenham seem like they will sign Saliba and he'll be loaned back. I don't really like or understand that we're not in for him. He's a top prospect at his position, he's already physically ready at a young age and he fits our view towards the future. Just seems like a no brainer.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Tottenham seem like they will sign Saliba and he'll be loaned back. I don't really like or understand that we're not in for him. He's a top prospect at his position, he's already physically ready at a young age and he fits our view towards the future. Just seems like a no brainer.

Thought Arsenal were signing him?

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We don't need another centre back.

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

€30m for someone who wouldn’t start is a lot of cash IMO.

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

€30m for someone who wouldn’t start is a lot of cash IMO.

He’s one for the future, they won’t lose any money.... in a market where Tyrone Mings is going for the same it’s not a bad signing for that, he’s obviously highly rated.

Guest Pistonbroke

Barcelona have signed Griezmann for 107 million, I wouldn't be surprised if he flops there, he'll probably end up playing out of position a lot of the time. They've inserted a 800 million Euro buy out clause, stupid fucks. May as well say, 'as a player you have no rights with us as we'll only sell you on if we want too.'  

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Barcelona have signed Griezmann for 107 million, I wouldn't be surprised if he flops there, he'll probably end up playing out of position a lot of the time. They've inserted a 800 million Euro buy out clause, stupid fucks. May as well say, 'as a player you have no rights with us as we'll only sell you on if we want too.'  

I’m sure every contract over there has to have a release clause. You can’t blame them for putting a huge one in there after what happened with Neymar.  I don’t see how it’s stupid at all.  It’s like saying we are stupid for refusing to put a release clause in Van Dijk’s contract because we may as well be saying to him he has no rights etc.

Is it just me who’s glad we’re not really involved in this bullshit this year?

I’m pretty happy with our squad, I don’t think there’s a lot we could do to improve it, not in this market. It’s very well rounded and packed full of talent. 

Im sure if a player we really like becomes available then we’d make a move, but we’re not bending over backwards to take part in a complete shitfest - and I like it 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, moof said:

Is it just me who’s glad we’re not really involved in this bullshit this year?

I’m pretty happy with our squad, I don’t think there’s a lot we could do to improve it, not in this market. It’s very well rounded and packed full of talent. 

Im sure if a player we really like becomes available then we’d make a move, but we’re not bending over backwards to take part in a complete shitfest - and I like it 

No I completely agree with you.  We won the European Cup because our manager puts faith in his players and gets the absolute maximum out of them.  Yes we spent some money last year but the reason those players came here is because of the manager managing in the manner he does.  He’s already said he doesn’t want to manage in Disneyland.  Half the whinging cunts on here would have seen him quit the club being forced to sign players he evidently doesn’t want to sign for stupid money.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I’m sure every contract over there has to have a release clause. You can’t blame them for putting a huge one in there after what happened with Neymar.  I don’t see how it’s stupid at all.  It’s like saying we are stupid for refusing to put a release clause in Van Dijk’s contract because we may as well be saying to him he has no rights etc.

They got top dollar for Neymar, more than he was worth imo. 800 million is a joke, they could have said 250 million and they'd still struggle to find any takers for a 28 year old Greizmann, probably 30 by the time he might want to leave or others came knocking. Slapping on such unrealistic release clauses is just taking the piss, again imo. If I had been lucky enough to be a professional player and a club wanted to put in such a clause into my contract I'd tell them to fuck off. Mind you, Barcelona would be on a list in my head of Clubs I'd never play for, bunch of cunts. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They got top dollar for Neymar, more than he was worth imo. 800 million is a joke, they could have said 250 million and they'd still struggle to find any takers for a 28 year old Greizmann, probably 30 by the time he might want to leave or others came knocking. Slapping on such unrealistic release clauses is just taking the piss, again imo. If I had been lucky enough to be a professional player and a club wanted to put in such a clause into my contract I'd tell them to fuck off. Mind you, Barcelona would be on a list in my head of Clubs I'd never play for, bunch of cunts. 

That’s the point they don’t want to sell him for anything, ever, clearly.  What are they taking the piss out of?  It’s the equivalent of having no release clause like most players in England.  Just because the release clause is 800m doesn’t mean they can only sell him for that.  If he’s shite for them and someone comes in and bids something reasonable in a couple of years they can happily agree to any figure they want.

He wants to play for Barcelona and that’s clearly a clause they’ve both agreed to.  How can you not understand any of this.  It’s such a basic concept and you’re clearly not a stupid person.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

That’s the point they don’t want to sell him for anything, ever, clearly.  What are they taking the piss out of?  It’s the equivalent of having no release clause like most players in England.  Just because the release clause is 800m doesn’t mean they can only sell him for that.  If he’s shite for them and someone comes in and bids something reasonable in a couple of years they can happily agree to any figure they want.

He wants to play for Barcelona and that’s clearly a clause they’ve both agreed to.  How can you not understand any of this.  It’s such a basic concept and you’re clearly not a stupid person.

So if he doesn't fit in with the team, under performs, or has an argument with the manager etc they wouldn't want to sell him, ever? Plus you can guarantee they would change their stance on a stupid unrealistic release clause. 

I just find such release clauses are taking the piss, it isn't that hard to understand. Especially when money is ruining the game to a certain extent. 

It's like saying, if the player wants to leave, you can't. If we want to sell pou, we will. Like modern day slavery. Each to their own though, if Greizmann is happy with it all, obviously purely down to money/wages etc. Personally I'd tell them to fuck off. 

Atletico are trying to take Barcelona to court over 80m. They are saying because the deal was agreed behind the scenes with the player and Barcelona around a year ago, they are entitled to 200m, not the 120m Barcelona paid.  

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

So if he doesn't fit in with the team, under performs, or has an argument with the manager etc they wouldn't want to sell him, ever? Plus you can guarantee they would change their stance on a stupid unrealistic release clause. 

I just find such release clauses are taking the piss, it isn't that hard to understand. Especially when money is ruining the game to a certain extent. 

It's like saying, if the player wants to leave, you can't. If we want to sell pou, we will. Like modern day slavery. Each to their own though, if Greizmann is happy with it all, obviously purely down to money/wages etc. Personally I'd tell them to fuck off. 

Jesus ducking christ I take it back you are stupid.

I literally answered your question in the previous post.  Setting a high release clause doesn’t mean the club can only sell him for that.  They can sell him for whatever they want to below that.  I’m sure if they could they would choose not to put release clauses in contracts but over there they are forced to.  After getting stung by the Neymar incident they clearly decided to set release clauses so high that they may as well not exist.

I don’t even know why I’ve just typed that out because it’s not going to go in there is it.