You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Maltese_Falcon

Player Valuation: £8m
The RS have apparently been scouting Zenit's Sardar Azmoun , 24 year old Iranian Striker dubbed the ''Iranian Messi" , surely with our owner being Iranian and the financial aspect of signing someone from such a country we should be in there .

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Maltese_Falcon

Player Valuation: £8m
The RS have apparently been scouting Zenit's Sardar Azmoun , 24 year old Iranian Striker dubbed the ''Iranian Messi" , surely with our owner being Iranian and the financial aspect of signing someone from such a country we should be in there .

Ifithadnebinpersia...

In any case, I remember watching this Azmoun guy play a few years ago around the time we were heavily linked, and he was more like the Iranian Markovic than the Iranian Messi.

5 hours ago, dandyman said:

Arguably a pre-requisite for any footballer right???

Paul Pogba seems better at running without the ball than with it.

16 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Not signing anyone is a huge mistake. Should be strengthening as European Champions, how many times do you get the chance? 

I don't understand the thinking of these people man. The team we're trying to catch is strengthening even further and we're buying sixteen year olds! The time to win the league is next season not the next decade. 

3 hours ago, therevivalist said:

I don't understand the thinking of these people man. The team we're trying to catch is strengthening even further and we're buying sixteen year olds! The time to win the league is next season not the next decade. 

I know! It's weird isn't it? It's almost like they've got the strongest squad the club's ever had; that it's laden with world class players in virtually every position; that they've got the best manager in the world who is renowned for improving existing players over time and integrating kids to defy the expectations of everyone; that they've just seen their approach deliver the European Cup by twatting some of the biggest and best sides in Europe. Can't get my head around why they don't want to second guess their manager and insist he changes the way he works.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I know! It's weird isn't it? It's almost like they've got the strongest squad the club's ever had; that it's laden with world class players in virtually every position; that they've got the best manager in the world who is renowned for improving existing players over time and integrating kids to defy the expectations of everyone; that they've just seen their approach deliver the European Cup by twatting some of the biggest and best sides in Europe. Can't get my head around why they don't want to second guess their manager and insist he changes the way he works.

I know you are super positive but your last two posts have just been a bit silly. 

There is absolutely no way Klopp is going to be happy about having no attacking options at all. He will face the same questions over and over come November/December when injuries start taking their toll. 

The amount of pressure FSG are putting on Brewsters shoulders is disgusting really. 

I think they may actually believe those bullshit wage stats that have our wage bill higher than Man City and decided to reduce it massively. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Wish the Echo would just fuck off with their boring "the club don't need any new signings/Liverpool’s transfer strategy is cleverer than everyone else's".

Now they are saying that we don't need another forward because Oxlade-Chamberlain can be deployed as a makeshift centre forward. 

• Upvote 1