You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

24 minutes ago, Boss said:

If Real Madrid bring in Pogba, that'll be over £400m spent on players this summer. They'll need to sell Asensio or Isco to break even. If Barcelona sign Neymar for £200m then they need to break even also and that'll mean Coutinho and Dembele will be available.

I think it's very unlikely that Barca will sign Neymar, apparently them and PSG still won't even talk to each other - but surely if they did they'd be trying to get Coutinho to go the other way.  Neymar was £200m and Coutinho was £145m - both miles above what they were actually worth, and what any other club would pay for them - but they could say they were costing that much again and it would balance out most of the madness in fees to make it actually an affordable deal.

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

PSG could well end up with Dembele and Coutinho as part of the deal. Or Neymar could demand Coutinho stays. 

I really don't think we are signing any big names now. 

I've thought that since we paraded a 17 year old CB as a proper signing, rather than a youth player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

I think it's very unlikely that Barca will sign Neymar, apparently them and PSG still won't even talk to each other - but surely if they did they'd be trying to get Coutinho to go the other way.  Neymar was £200m and Coutinho was £145m - both miles above what they were actually worth, and what any other club would pay for them - but they could say they were costing that much again and it would balance out most of the madness in fees to make it actually an affordable deal.

PSG's Sporting Director said yesterday that if Neymar wants to leave, the club are open to sell him if the right deal is agreed. He didn't show up for training. The president also said that they will not tolerate superstar behaviour anymore. It seems that they've just had enough of him now and are prepared to cut ties.

Agreed, in a world where Harry Maguire is a £90m player, the fees don't seem ridiculous anymore. I'm sure PSG will be quite happy with themselves if they manage to sell Neymar for roughly what they bought him for - after getting two seasons out of him.

Why the fuck would Barcelona want him. He's a massive cock womble and acted like a cunt to try and leave there. Not he's doing the same to try and get out of PSG. 

Plus, you also have to take into account that although he's a good player he isn't half as good as he thinks he is.

And he's also a massive cock womble. I know I already pointed that out but I felt it warranted repeating. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

Why the fuck would Barcelona want him. He's a massive cock womble and acted like a cunt to try and leave there. Not he's doing the same to try and get out of PSG. 

Plus, you also have to take into account that although he's a good player he isn't half as good as he thinks he is.

And he's also a massive cock womble. I know I already pointed that out but I felt it warranted repeating. 

Messi loves him, and he’s an excellent footballer.

Barcelona re-signing Neymar would be good entertainment. Not as funny as him going and ruining Manchester United, but I guess they're now reduced to overpaying to take a punt on Swansea and Newcastle prospects instead, which is good in itself.

Southampton have excluded Mario Lemina from their pres-season tour squad and has been told he can leave, according to the Daily Mail.

And Moreno is on his way to Villareal.

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Never seen in the same room. Just saying.

lon-chaney-as-the-wolfman-pd.jpg170px-Neymar_(cropped).jpg

I bet our resident Ligue 1 guy has seen them in the same room. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I'm sure City have bought a few reserves for £60m each, but has there been much other business done at all this summer by English clubs? Seems a relatively quiet transfer window.

It's been very quiet.

The price of players at the moment is crazy though. It's definitely a seller's market.

Sometimes a footballing 'big bang' is the catalyst for some frenzied activity which could be the Pogba/Neymar/Griezman deals.

• Upvote 1

I think we like to have our business done early given the rigours of how we play, so a pre-season is important. If the player doesn't get one, then they'll be broken in slowly to the squad. So even if we do sign someone with First XI or Bench/Rotation in mind, they'll likely not be getting many minutes in the first half of the season. 

Copa America / AFCON / Gold Cup may all have had a delaying impact on getting business done too I suppose? 

• Upvote 1

I know we have said it shit loads in summers but next year really is our best chance of the title in years. We don't have the breathing space to 'test if players are good enough' in the league. City don't give us that option. 

On 08/07/2019 at 09:37, Shooter in the Motor said:

The youngster mainly plays as a right winger but can also play inside and his main strength is said to be running with the ball.

Arguably a pre-requisite for any footballer right???

15 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Half of our team is out at the start, so it will be pretty hard to reach those 100 points. 

Alisson, Bobby and Mo will have had 10 days training before Norwich. Mo in particular looks the type that is back in shape after 2 days so he should be good to go.

It's not ideal but given all the tournaments on this summer to be only down 1 player at most is not a bad place to be. City will have a slightly worse scenario to deal with albeit with a better squad.

58 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I know we have said it shit loads in summers but next year really is our best chance of the title in years. We don't have the breathing space to 'test if players are good enough' in the league. City don't give us that option. 

Against a great team with a great manager and limitless funds? We've got a chance but I wouldn't say it's our best chance.