You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Pearce saying Jürgen wants Lovren to stay put.

I hope he stays, not because he's a great player but because he's so close to mo "brothers with different mothers" as they refare to themselves. 

It would probably have a negative effect on mo. 

He also seems to be very popular in the dressing room which is invaluable,and counts for a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Butch said:

I hope he stays, not because he's a great player but because he's so close to mo "brothers with different mothers" as they refare to themselves. 

It would probably have a negative effect on mo. 

He also seems to be very popular in the dressing room which is invaluable,and counts for a lot. 

If somebody payed me 70 grand a week I'd be bezzies with the whole squad, I'd bring the bants every day and I would massively boost morale. 

Can't wait til we play Wijnaldum up front for 4 games between the end of November/December because Mane had fucked his hamstring. 

Then during January we keep getting drip fed articles from Melissa Reddy and the Echo saying that Liverpool are expecting a quiet January transfer window and there's no value in the market. Also there is no need to add to the squad with the February break.

• Upvote 5

Guest Alex_K

Neymar became the highest scoring Brazilian in Champions League history at age 26. He's already the 3rd highest scorer in Brazils history and should comfortably be their lead national scorer by the time he retires ahead of Ronaldo and Pele. He's injury prone but come on, don't be silly.

Will be interesting to see if we hold onto Harry Wilson. While he's not near the quality of our front three (our problem is that few enough on the planet are), there's not a colossal gulf between him and somebody like James Maddison.

25 goals and 10 assists in 65 games over two seasons is a pretty impressive return from a young player.

25 minutes ago, Wezza said:

I’m thinking that Arnautovic is not the sort of character we would want in the dressing room. 

Any footballer that chooses to cash out in China whilst being in their prime has no place here.

22 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Bitter? I couldn't care less. Coutinho was the main player for a mid-70s points league side. He scored 10+ league goals once in 10 league seasons across Spain, Italy and England. He was so good we went from 76 pts to back to back CL finals and 97 pts when he left. Same conversation as Mbappe and Neymar for individual talent? You're having a laugh. He's closer to a David Silva level -- probably not as good though.

Barca absolutely had their pants pulled down on that Coutinho transfer. The fact we've gone from mediocrity to the greatest club team in the world since he's gone just proves it's true.

So are you saying coutinho was costing us points? But you're not bitter. Haha. Fucking hell. 

He was our best player from the moment Suarez left till he left himself. If we were getting mid 70s points it's because we had clowns in goal and his move hadn't funded VVD to join us. If Barca have had their pants pulled down, it's because fees in football are fucking stupid. In a world where Harry Maguire is going to go for 70-80m, some teenager with less than 30 games behind him in a second rate league goes for over 100m, of course coutinho's fee is the market rate. And because he's not succeeded there, if he leaves it'll be less than they paid, but he'll still got for a fee more than we've every paid for a footballer. 

Guest Alex_K
46 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So are you saying coutinho was costing us points? But you're not bitter. Haha. Fucking hell. 

He was our best player from the moment Suarez left till he left himself. If we were getting mid 70s points it's because we had clowns in goal and his move hadn't funded VVD to join us. If Barca have had their pants pulled down, it's because fees in football are fucking stupid. In a world where Harry Maguire is going to go for 70-80m, some teenager with less than 30 games behind him in a second rate league goes for over 100m, of course coutinho's fee is the market rate. And because he's not succeeded there, if he leaves it'll be less than they paid, but he'll still got for a fee more than we've every paid for a footballer. 

Wom, WUM or stupid?

If Coutinho's fee is the market rate then the market will pay it again for him 12 months on. He didn't cost us points -- but he didn't score anywhere close to 20 goals in a season. As I said, he's scored more than 10 league goals once in his whole career. He's not in the same galaxy as Salah and Mane. The most bizarre thing about this exchange is why you would think I'd be bitter about a millionaire sportsman choosing to ply his trade in another country .. much less when his leaving led to a 6th European Cup. He was proven to be an expendable flair player who we have thrived without. He's 27 so I doubt there's going to be too much more surprisng to come from him now but let's see.