You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Probably shite, but it's quiet and boting

Some rumours going round Twatter that the fullback cover is the Nice fullback Patrick Burner, is a right back but can play on the left. 

We've already got a couple if nice full backs, I reckon we need one with a bit of a nasty streak instead. 

Although his name is quite close to Patrick Berger, so for that reason alone I'm in. 

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Probably shite, but it's quiet and boting

Some rumours going round Twatter that the fullback cover is the Nice fullback Patrick Burner, is a right back but can play on the left. 

As a burner he will be easy to replace. Just don't let Nathaniel Clyne know what we have. Allegedly, of course. 

29 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Rodgers on Ayoze Perez:

Ayoze will be a wonderful addition to the squad. He's a player who will excite our fans," Rodgers said.

"He's quick, has a good eye for goal and he's experienced in the Premier League too.

Didnt he say the same about Borini to us?

He sure did. He waxed lyrical about Borini, I thought we were signing the next Roberto Baggio the way Rodgers was banging on about him. 

31 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Rodgers on Ayoze Perez:

Ayoze will be a wonderful addition to the squad. He's a player who will excite our fans," Rodgers said.

"He's quick, has a good eye for goal and he's experienced in the Premier League too.

Didnt he say the same about Borini to us?

“I think the supporters will love him. He’s a goalscorer, but he’s a multifunctional player who can play in a number of positions – and someone I believe has got great growth.

“He’s one of the few young players in the full Italian squad. I’d anticipate that over the next two or three years he’ll really progress and I’m sure do very well for Liverpool

As for us, it's all quiet but I'm sure things are happening in the background to get in a few new players for next season. I'm not concerned. If Jurgen wants a player the board will buy him, and whoever Jurgen wants is fine with me. 

Atletico Madrid have signed Portugal forward Joao Felix for 126m euros (£113m) from Benfica in the fifth most expensive transfer in history.

Benfica have confirmed Atletico will pay the fee in instalments, after bidding 6m euros more than the 19-year-old's 120m euro release clause.

Only Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele have moved for more money.