You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

There's a few guys on twitter (yes I know) are fairly convinced that Bruno Fernandes is a foregone conclusion. 

Will the appease the masses? At least we'll get a lean? 

You mean that JurgenHead guy linkee further back? He's no Duncan Jenkins

10 minutes ago, Boss said:

The echo are saying Dembele is available for £90m - and we are the most obviously destination - if they sign Neymar.

Dembele has gotta be the most underwhelming ‘talent’ around right now. I’d give it a swerve. 

29 minutes ago, Boss said:

The echo are saying Dembele is available for £90m - and we are the most obviously destination - if they sign Neymar.

If Liverpool signed a football player for £90m I would probably give up FIFA on xbox as that's the only place I would normally expect to see that happen. 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Dembele has gotta be the most underwhelming ‘talent’ around right now. I’d give it a swerve. 

That's me convinced.

Go get him, Jurgen.

I know fees have gone mad, but hasn't dembele been shit for barca? in which case, why would he be worth 90m? How many clubs could actually afford that and be in for him - Madrid, PSG, Us, both Mancs, maybe Spurs if they sell Eriksen and Bayern? Oh and Juve with their magic money tree. 

I don't see Madrid being in for him, they wouldn't want a Barca reject. I don't see City as they have an abundance of talent  - althoughj I guess maybe that changes if Sane goes? PSG - maybe, especially if Neymar is going the other way. Spurs - no chance unless it's loan for 2 years and then they get him for 50m! Man U? Well surely they'd have to sell someone? They have loads of players for that fron 3/4 depending how they line up. I just don't see a market of demand that gets barca their 90m. Maybe they get a loan with an option to buy for 90m, but that doesn't pay for neymar. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I know fees have gone mad, but hasn't dembele been shit for barca? in which case, why would he be worth 90m? How many clubs could actually afford that and be in for him - Madrid, PSG, Us, both Mancs, maybe Spurs if they sell Eriksen and Bayern? Oh and Juve with their magic money tree. 

I don't see Madrid being in for him, they wouldn't want a Barca reject. I don't see City as they have an abundance of talent  - althoughj I guess maybe that changes if Sane goes? PSG - maybe, especially if Neymar is going the other way. Spurs - no chance unless it's loan for 2 years and then they get him for 50m! Man U? Well surely they'd have to sell someone? They have loads of players for that fron 3/4 depending how they line up. I just don't see a market of demand that gets barca their 90m. Maybe they get a loan with an option to buy for 90m, but that doesn't pay for neymar. 

If Barcelona didn't have the Neymar money burning a hole in their pocket then the original fee Dembele would have been closer to £60m. He's been a failure and troublesome one at that, £45m would be a fair price but they will want twice that. He will stay were he is for this season, Milan will take him on loan for 2 season with an option to buy which they will politely reject and make a substantially smaller counter offer. 

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

If Barcelona didn't have the Neymar money burning a hole in their pocket then the original fee Dembele would have been closer to £60m. He's been a failure and troublesome one at that, £45m would be a fair price but they will want twice that. He will stay were he is for this season, Milan will take him on loan for 2 season with an option to buy which they will politely reject and make a substantially smaller counter offer. 

this is what i mean though. i get barca would like 90m for him, but i would like to stick my dick between holly willoughby's tits. doesn't mean it'll happen though. i just don't see any way today someone pays 90m for him, even as mad as the market is and fees are right now. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Dembele is absurdly talented but he's a fucking idiot. The fee is too high to take the gamble that he'll figure it out and there's too much smoke that we won't spend big. 

Paul Pogba is talented. So is/was Mario Balotelli.

Useful to have in the squad? Not in a million years. I suggest we steer clear of the lad.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

He hasn't been a failure. He's easily been one of their top players this season. I wouldn't say he's been a trouble maker either. He didn't seem to have any friends at Barcelona and cut a lonely figure at the start. You have to remember he was only 20 years old when he arrived and he wasn't a part of the Suarez, Coutinho and Messi clique, nor could he speak the language. He seems to have adapted more as time went on. The hierarchy have praised him for his work ethic since then though. He's worth well more than £45m.

Dembélé has been a failure. They paid 120m for him and the extent of the attention that's revolved around him has been for being late all the time, not for his play.

I'd pay 50-60m max for him on the off chance he figures it out, but that's about it. And I love watching the guy play. I'd still take him a million times out of a million over Coutinho if it was a choice between the two, though.

2 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Can’t believe Arsenal have got Palace’s backs up by being mingebags and offering half what they want for Zaha.

We should let Arsenal damage the relationship between club and player and then nip in and take him at a much lower fee than if we started negotiating ourselves.  Zaha for £60m is a bargain even in these insane times.

I like to judge players on how much shits they give me when we are due to face them. A game against Palace is a gimmie without him, with him in the team he is a 1 man attack that needs proper attention. Our gameplan against them carries a bit more caution when he is playing. Only Hazard and maybe Sane on his day gets me as concerned as this lad. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, No2 said:

We should let Arsenal damage the relationship between club and player and then nip in and take him at a much lower fee than if we started negotiating ourselves.  Zaha for £60m is a bargain even in these insane times.

I like to judge players on how much shits they give me when we are due to face them. A game against Palace is a gimmie without him, with him in the team he is a 1 man attack that needs proper attention. Our gameplan against them carries a bit more caution when he is playing. Only Hazard and maybe Sane on his day gets me as concerned as this lad. 

Calvert-Lewin?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/gaming-addictions-late-for-meetings-troublemaker-dembele/12nj492ufdme11f0dgxlb7vnmr