You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

29 minutes ago, Boss said:

Divock close to agreeing a new 5 year deal apparently. 

This is me for the next five years.

Complaining about how shit he is, every time I see him coming on as sub...then remembering him winning the European cup for us.

via GIPHY

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We will get a better sell on fee for him. Amazing the important goals he's scored yet when I watch him play I think he isn't good enough.

He was crap in the European cup final, although obviously took his goal well. Everyone talks about how poor firmino was, but he covered more ground than anyone. Our ability to retain the ball dipped as soon as origi was introduced. Personally I don't think origi is good enough for us as 4th choice - but if this new contract is not new wages (or at least base low and heavily insentivised ) AND we bought someone good so he's not the 1st option when we need someone, he's clearly a good back up player. Having 2 options off the bench when you play 3 up front up front seems to be an obvious must to me and I don't think we can rely on a kid who's never played 1st team football and has been out injured for an eternity, no matter ho highly rated he is. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

He was crap in the European cup final, although obviously took his goal well. Everyone talks about how poor firmino was, but he covered more ground than anyone. Our ability to retain the ball dipped as soon as origi was introduced. Personally I don't think origi is good enough for us as 4th choice - but if this new contract is not new wages (or at least base low and heavily insentivised ) AND we bought someone good so he's not the 1st option when we need someone, he's clearly a good back up player. Having 2 options off the bench when you play 3 up front up front seems to be an obvious must to me and I don't think we can rely on a kid who's never played 1st team football and has been out injured for an eternity, no matter ho highly rated he is. 

Bit harsh on the lad there. Allison apart no one stood out in the final. He scored a great goal to settle it.what more could be do. 

He done very well covering for Bobby at the end, never let anyone down so fair fucks to him. 

40 minutes ago, corro said:

Bit harsh on the lad there. Allison apart no one stood out in the final. He scored a great goal to settle it.what more could be do. 

He done very well covering for Bobby at the end, never let anyone down so fair fucks to him. 

I said he took his goal well. Personally aside from that I thought he was the poorest player from both sides by some distance. But I'm looking more about what he's contributed for us and his loan teams since when he signed, which is not enough. He had a decent run a few years back of around 6-8 weeks. This season he's scored some really important goals, but his overall contribution outside of the goals again I think has been poor and I don't think he works hard enough or maybe smart enough without the ball. In my opinion it would be a massive gamble to go with him or Brewster as our 1st option if one of the front 3 got injured. If one of them was to lose 2 months, would you really want either as a starter for that period? 

• Upvote 2

Liverpool have made replacing Daniel Sturridge their only transfer aim this summer and they will not spend over £20m, a report claims.

While many Champions League winners have used their status to bring in expensive new recruits in the past, Liverpool will avoid the temptation.

The arrival of Sepp van den Berg – despite Bayern Munich’s best efforts – is a greater indication of their plans ‘to pursue a low-key transfer policy during the current window’.

David Maddock of the Daily Mirror says Liverpool want ‘to identify young talent that can be developed further under the watch of boss Jurgen Klopp and his coaching team,’ and that ‘the recruitment team… have indicated there will be little business this summer’.

Klopp’s side are said to be ‘adamant’ not to sign anyone for fees close to the £56m and £52.75m they parted with for Alisson and Naby Keita respectively last summer.

Maddock adds that ‘there won’t be any high-profile signings at all,’ with ‘one more versatile signing to strengthen attacking/wide areas’ their current ‘focus’. Any potential deal ‘would be more likely to be in the region of £20m or less’.

Liverpool made a striker to replace Daniel Sturridge one of their two transfer ‘priorities’ this summer, with as many as 12 players possibly fitting the bill.