You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

No leaning pics. Amateurish unveiling.

And he can run. I always love it when a new player exhibits skills none of the others have.

He's quick AND he can run. Which does beg the question, what is he quick at it?

I do hope it's shushing the fans.

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yes it does. I forgive him. Nowhere near the world class leaning of Gini though.

Just 17, so he has time to perfect the lean, and I'm sure training with Gini will only help him up his leaning game.

2 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Just 17, so he has time to perfect the lean, and I'm sure training with Gini will only help him up his leaning game.

He’s just 17,

He knows how to lean,

With his luscious locks,

Of ginger wavy hair.

He could have signed for another,

Hooooooooo!

But now he’s leaning here.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

And he can run. I always love it when a new player exhibits skills none of the others have.

Give the lad a chance. He needs time to adapt. 

Fucking LEAN, dopey! 

Personally I think it would be a mistake not to bring a couple in but if Klopp is happy with what he has then who am I to quibble, I can’t imagine the owners would refuse him funds if he wanted a couple of expensive signings so if he’s happy then he’s more than earned trust. They do need to sort the Anny Rd End though, it will only get more expensive the longer they leave it.

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Don’t knock it! We’ve come a long way since signing players who couldn’t run, ie Alberto Aquillani, Ricky Lambert

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Chelsea and City giving the big fat finger to this transfer ban malarkey

Chelsea got around the ban to sign Mateo Kovacic because he was already registered with them on loan. Would they have splashed 40 million to sign him on a full contract without the ban? Doubtful imo, plus he's not a game changing player. He offers as little as Jorginho from that deep lying MF position. 

City are just taking the piss. 

Guest Pistonbroke
23 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

How have they still paid £40m for him after how ordinary he was last season? 

Desperation due to the ban. Plus as Howie say, sticking a finger up to UEFA/FIFA. They must have a load of players out on loan who are near to his standard.