You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

12 hours ago, moof said:

Love that Barry Wom disappears for months on end and then pops up when it’s time to stick the boot in to the owners. 

Is it sticking the boot in saying we only spend when we sell? I thought that was just saying how it is. There's an easy fix to that, we go and buy some players with these great profits and commercial deals we keep hearing about instead of running the squad threadbare. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Maccas transfer rumours style master class in being a bullshit ITK.

There may be a transfer, but it might not happen, then again it might, or might not. Stay tuned for more thrilling updates as I make them up to make myself feel important. Please remember to like and subscribe. 

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Spurs going to be seriously strong next year. Be a joke if we don't strengthen 

Im not sure they will be seriously strong, albeit Ndombele will be useful but they lost 13 PL games last year and could have actually lost out on top 4 if any of the others were a little less shit! Agree no choice but to strengthen though, think we will but not convinced will see huge money signings.

55 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

Maccas transfer rumours style master class in being a bullshit ITK.

There may be a transfer, but it might not happen, then again it might, or might not. Stay tuned for more thrilling updates as I make them up to make myself feel important. Please remember to like and subscribe. 

A lot can happen in 18 minutes in the crazy world of football transfers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Is it sticking the boot in saying we only spend when we sell? I thought that was just saying how it is. There's an easy fix to that, we go and buy some players with these great profits and commercial deals we keep hearing about instead of running the squad threadbare. 

Just light a cigar, pour a long cool drink, sit in the sun, and think about the summer not so long ago where The Hodge was trying (and failing) to get a deal for Carlton Cole over the line on deadline day.

Think it might have been the same day City went mental for the first time and signed Robinho and United signed Berbatov.

These are good times 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Just light a cigar, pour a long cool drink, sit in the sun, and think about the summer not so long ago where The Hodge was trying (and failing) to get a deal for Carlton Cole over the line on deadline day.

Think it might have been the same day City went mental for the first time and signed Robinho and United signed Berbatov.

These are good times 

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying what klopp is doing on the pitch. I don't think winning is as big a priority to our owners as it is for klopp, the players and fans. If we win, they're happy. If we make loads of money but don't win, they're happy. We have a great manager, great first XI and a pretty ordinary squad behind the first XI, especially in defence and attack. It would be a shame not to add the small number of players we need to compete properly over 60 matches next season. I'd sooner have talent in the squad than more money in FSG's bank. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Im not sure they will be seriously strong, albeit Ndombele will be useful but they lost 13 PL games last year and could have actually lost out on top 4 if any of the others were a little less shit! Agree no choice but to strengthen though, think we will but not convinced will see huge money signings.

Spurs had a pretty decent points total for 4th place, it's the nature of the teams in 5th and 6th not to be great. Spurs could easily add 10 or 12 points to their points total by adding some depth to their squad. Equally we could easily lose 10 points if we don't add to the squad or have some injuries to any of our key players. I don't think a lot needs to happen for the gap between us and them to be quite close.  

• Upvote 1

Spurs have been on the downslide pointswise each of the last two years - they will need to do more business than N'Dombele (who will need to be pretty darn good just to match what they had in Dembele) to change that.

Also, no chance they go through another season w just 2 draws in the league - that was certainly a blip.

N'Dombélé is a huge talent but he's still a bit raw. I think he'll be great a year from now but won't make that much of an impact this season.

I think right now Moussa Dembélé is actually quite an apt comparison but he has the potential to be far better in a bit of time.

28 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying what klopp is doing on the pitch. I don't think winning is as big a priority to our owners as it is for klopp, the players and fans. If we win, they're happy. If we make loads of money but don't win, they're happy. We have a great manager, great first XI and a pretty ordinary squad behind the first XI, especially in defence and attack. It would be a shame not to add the small number of players we need to compete properly over 60 matches next season. I'd sooner have talent in the squad than more money in FSG's bank. 

Bang on. 

22 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Spurs had a pretty decent points total for 4th place, it's the nature of the teams in 5th and 6th not to be great. Spurs could easily add 10 or 12 points to their points total by adding some depth to their squad. Equally we could easily lose 10 points if we don't add to the squad or have some injuries to any of our key players. I don't think a lot needs to happen for the gap between us and them to be quite close.  

They were a point ahead of the worst Arsenal team in oh so many years...agree doesn't take a lot to improve but not really hard to improve from losing 33% of games in fairness. 

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

It’s not saying it how it is, it’s a distortion. Running the squad threadbare? We did alright last season for such a threadbare squad. Dear me

8 minutes ago, moof said:

It’s not saying it how it is, it’s a distortion. Running the squad threadbare? We did alright last season for such a threadbare squad. Dear me

I wouldn't say its threadbare but at times last year it wasn't far off, but we were blessed with injuries...need to address issues like having to pop Milner in at RB against speedsters like Zaha...squad can be somewhat deceptive at times with respect to depth..but to compete competently on all 4 fronts you would think we need to up the quality in numbers outside of first 11/14.....

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're one more class player up front from having about as complete a squad as it gets. How is that in any way "threadbare". Makes no sense. We've got good depth everywhere but there.

Apart from having no back up full backs or creative midfielders to speak of. 

• Upvote 3