You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

He doesn't really as he's not a left back.

He played left wing this year and through most of Fulham promotion season git pushed further and further up.

That's where TAA played before Klopp decided he wanted him at Right back.

Milner is not a full back but Klopp would rather play him in that position over the likes of Clyne, as it's more important for us to have a player that is a good footballer that can cross and create chances than a solid full back.

City do a similar thing with Delph and Zinchenko.

Sessegnon would be an ideal young player to bring in as an understudy to Robertson.

25 minutes ago, Ginny said:

£80m for McGuire wtf! 

McGuire is easily worth £80m if City are chucking their money around.

However, I have never heard of the cunt.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Mirror reporting Maguire to City for 80 million.

That would make Maguire the most expensive defender in history. Madness. 

City would have four of the seven most expensive defenders in the World and quite clearly that is their weakest area, Maguire won't change that. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I personally hope it happens. Decent enough defender. Not with anywhere near that amount, and will use up a good chunk of their budget. 

Can't get my head around how Pep thinks someone so slow is going to be ok on the half way line 90 percent of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Maguire is a huge downgrade on Otimendi and Stones. 

I think he’s probably better than both of them.

He’s decent enough on the ball and very good in the air. Turning circle of a tanker though and suspect positionally.

It would be pretty amazing if we break the goalie and defender world records for Allison and Van Dijk and shortly after Chelsea and Man City trump them and come away with Kepa and Maguire to show for it though.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He will be fine, the refs just won’t send him off like they did at Anfield.

VAR will have a big say in that. 

48 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I personally hope it happens. Decent enough defender. Not with anywhere near that amount, and will use up a good chunk of their budget

???

45 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

VAR will have a big say in that. 

It should, theoretically. Some of its implementation in major tournaments so far has been a bit shit though. One hopes it will settle into something more consistent (if not perfect) ie DRS in cricket. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, A_S said:

It should, theoretically. Some of its implementation in major tournaments so far has been a bit shit though. One hopes it will settle into something more consistent (if not perfect) ie DRS in cricket. 

There will obviously be teething problems, but the technology at hand will give them nowhere to hide. I'm sure the arrogance of the English F.A will want them to be seen as the organisation which implemented VAR better than others.