You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

12 minutes ago, J-V said:

Tierney's looking like the cheapest option at this point, and he's good.  He can rotate with his mate.

We aren't paying 25 million for a back-up left-back. 

Tierney is a brilliant player, obviously I hope he stays at Celtic but he would be starting LB in most sides. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

We aren't paying 25 million for a back-up left-back. 

Tierney is a brilliant player, obviously I hope he stays at Celtic but he would be starting LB in most sides. 

Probably not, but we're getting quoted £45mill for someone with less experience and if we go for some championship player it'll be £15mill +.  As I said he's looking like the cheapest option at this point.

I've already said we should just use Milner, but we're obviously looking for someone.

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Yet they turnover less than spurs, have spent an incredible amount on Ronaldo, supposedly given Aaron Ramsey 350k per week and now seem open to a 100m centre back earning 350k per week. If they're doing things legitimately under ffp, it's hard to understand where the likes of Liverpool , spurs and arsenal are going wrong because none of those 3 could afford that. 

Can't remember them winning Big Ears and being the best fucking team on the planet for a while either. 

10 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

So are ours. 

Well, you'll certainly never see ours breaking world record fees for players. Stingy cunts. 

Can't win. Get accused of buying the European Cup on opposing forums, implied that they're pocketing funds on friendly ones. I guess it just depends on your bias. 

Yacht, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, you'll certainly never see ours breaking world record fees for players. Stingy cunts. 

Can't win. Get accused of buying the European Cup on opposing forums, implied that they're pocketing funds on friendly ones. I guess it just depends on your bias. 

Yacht, etc. 

Some seriously tiresome shit, init. Ah well, it’s called silly season for a reason, I suppose 

3 minutes ago, moof said:

Some seriously tiresome shit, init. Ah well, it’s called silly season for a reason, I suppose 

It really is. Reality doesn’t matter to some people. They just have an axe to grind. It was obvious then, when improvements and finals were twisted into failures, and it’s twice as obvious now that we’ve built an incredible squad that held up big ears. It’s still not good enough. 

2 hours ago, J-V said:

There's more than enough games to go around especially if we take the domestic cups seriously.

Still only going to get 15/20 starts max. Why would he do that when he could join Arsenal for a shot at domestic Cup runs play every week, earn similar 

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Still only going to get 15/20 starts max. Why would he do that when he could join Arsenal for a shot at domestic Cup runs play every week, earn similar 

Same applies to anyone included any other position.  Lets carry on as we are and hope we don't get injuries then.

The state Arsenal are in why would anyone with ambition want to join them.

That's the issue now, finding players to join that know they won't play each week. It's different in midfield and attack as there's more rotation and more subs made that end of the pitch. 

City get away with it by paying fortunes in wages for reserves. Just don't see us doing it.