You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Where are Juventus getting all of this money from?

Are they doing some type of city thing? I know when they signed Ronaldo and there was talk of walk outs in factories (don't they own fiat or something as well), they were making claims of the transfer having paid for itself on day one. I don't know how they were measuring that, but it won't have been in cash! 

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Juventus are a huge club. Of course they could afford De Ligt.

Yet they turnover less than spurs, have spent an incredible amount on Ronaldo, supposedly given Aaron Ramsey 350k per week and now seem open to a 100m centre back earning 350k per week. If they're doing things legitimately under ffp, it's hard to understand where the likes of Liverpool , spurs and arsenal are going wrong because none of those 3 could afford that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yet they turnover less than spurs, have spent an incredible amount on Ronaldo, supposedly given Aaron Ramsey 350k per week and now seem open to a 100m centre back earning 350k per week. If they're doing things legitimately under ffp, it's hard to understand where the likes of Liverpool , spurs and arsenal are going wrong because none of those 3 could afford that. 

I doubt the reason we aren’t after De Ligt is because of FFP restrictions.

Just now, viRdjil said:

Do we? I haven’t noticed much coverage around that. 

Yeah I think so. Not sure why as I don't understand all the ffp. I assume it can't be losses over a 3 year period anymore and we made a shitload last year (and you can exclude costs on things like the main stand build for ffp) and I assume we will make another shitload this year too. But there are other mad things like wages can only go up at a certain rate I think - I don't know if that is in relation to turnover or purely old wage rates. I am sure someone on here knows more, but I'm pretty certain we supposedly walk the ffp line. 

14 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

Alves is leaving PSG. He's undoubtedly at the tail end of his career but I would give him 12 months. He can cover both full back positions and that's one of my biggest squad concerns. 

Not sure about that . He would be totally lost with the PL pace. Way too slow now, and he probably sees himself as a star who should start the big games. He did not give much to PSG to be honest.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He doesn't really as he's not a left back.

He played left wing this year and through most of Fulham promotion season git pushed further and further up field 

He can play multiple positions, including left back. Our full backs are basically wingers anyway.