You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Just shows how little I watch football outside of our games, that apparently West Ham have a central defender called Issa Diop who is quoted with a £75m price tag and I can't ever remember noticing him.

Diop is a decent player but no great shakes. £75m is taking the piss, about £60m too much.

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Diop is a decent player but no great shakes. £75m is taking the piss, about £60m too much.

This is why I am glad we have a settled squad prices being quoted for Diop/Wan Bissaka etc are way over the top and us essentially looking for back ups to our first teamers best to be out of this nonsense for this window. Makes you think what is Grujic worth or even Maddison . 

40 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Almost certainly is. He's not what we need at all.

Quite like him myself and think he would fill the creative attacking midfielder hole we have.

Having said that, my opinion comes from a couple of youtube compilations and that didn't work out for me too well when I did the same with Balotelli.

I don't know anything about this Fernandes guy. Is he an option to Salah or Mane? If not, why would we consider him?

If Milner is staying, we have these options for a 4-3-3 midfield:

Attacking midfield (two spots) : Henderson, Keita, Oxlade, Milner, Lallana, Gini, Shaquiri (?)
Defensive midfield (one spot): Fabinho, Henderson, Gini

We need options for the wingers and the full backs, not another attacking midfielder. As long as we don't sell anyone metioned above.

9 minutes ago, Skrtel Milk said:

I don't know anything about this Fernandes guy. Is he an option to Salah or Mane? If not, why would we consider him?

If Milner is staying, we have these options for a 4-3-3 midfield:

Attacking midfield (two spots) : Henderson, Keita, Oxlade, Milner, Lallana, Gini, Shaquiri (?)
Defensive midfield (one spot): Fabinho, Henderson, Gini

We need options for the wingers and the full backs, not another attacking midfielder. As long as we don't sell anyone metioned above.

He could play behind the front three or as backup for Firmino. He's a Fekir type player, but with real knees.

Having said that I don't think the reports of our interest are real.

• Upvote 1

City were linked with him and Rodri, so obviously there was some truth in that because Rodri is signing for them. Instead of complimenting City and saying it was an honour to be linked he instead said he prefers our style of play. The money is also reasonable. In a window where Maguire and Diop are £90m and £75m players respectively a player that created 42 goals or assists from central midfield might be available for £40m. It'd be a very Klopp like signing.