You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Make it happen. 

I also doubt the poor lads ego/narcissism would be up for the inevitable abuse he'd get. 

I'm really scratching my head about the transfer fee it's going to cost to buy Pogba. Apparently United won't sell for less than £100M. This for a guy they bought for an already massive £90M and has got WORSE since being at United. Yet his value has gone up. How does that work?

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'm really scratching my head about the transfer fee it's going to cost to buy Pogba. Apparently United won't sell for less than £100M. This for a guy they bought for an already massive £90M and has got WORSE since being at United. Yet his value has gone up. How does that work?

You could argue that the market has inflated significantly in the last two years, but I know what you mean. His stock has gone right down. I suspect though that he will still have his admirers, especially abroad.

3 hours ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Few links to Taggart at Southampton for about 10 mil

We would be set up nicely if there were any crimes that had to be solved but the only person who will speak the same language is Robbo. 

40 minutes ago, Anubis said:

In other news, I’ve ruled out dating Jennifer Lawrence out of respect for Nicholas Hoult.

Hahaha. Out of rep. 

As for Mbappe , if there is even a glimmer of a chance of getting him then I fully expect Klopp to be waving his cock at him through his letterbox as we speak. 

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

Zidane wants him badly. And so it goes ....

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I can't see us buying anyone for £80m this summer. Or am I wrong? 

We're not desperate for big name players or to rebuild a squad like certain other teams, our starting 11 is pretty darn good. We need depth, so I fully expect Klopp to plug a few holes and try to pick up very good players for between to 30-50 million mark, we may even be surprised and we are in for one so called big name player. We're in a great position, something we probably didn't think was possible not so long ago. 

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I can't see us buying anyone for £80m this summer. Or am I wrong? 

All the papers seem to have been briefed that we're after a backup GK, a backup LB and a "versatile forward option."

The last one will be the only big-money signing. You're not spending £20m+ on a backup goalie or left back. But I could in fact see the other one being pretty expensive. We'll be shifting some big earners off the wage bill and with a few sales like Wilson, Kent, Lallana and Camacho we could easily have £80m to spend on one big-money signing.

The question is who it will be. I still think the most likely option is Werner, but if he decides to go to Bayern instead then who knows? Talk of Pepe but for £65m if there's any truth that Barca just want to get their money back for Dembele then I could easily see us looking at that and going "hm, for just a bit more we can offer £85m for Dembele and get someone special."

Sounds a bit daft I know but honestly, look at the prices being rumoured out there. Ajax supposedly want 80m euro for David Neres! Leverkusen want £80m for Leon Bailey! If those are the prices for Neres/Bailey (who are very good, but not world-class), then Ousmane Dembele for £90m is a bargain.

• Upvote 1

Fernandes and Ziyech are the bargains of the window. Ziyech carried Ajax (with Tadic) to a league and cup double and was very unfortunate not to reach a Champions League final. Fernandes created 97 chances for Sporting and was involved in 42 goals as a centre midfielder. 

Realistically, what more could they do?

• Upvote 1