You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

6 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

I'm not seeing it with Pepe.

However Jurgen and the boys know a lot more than me so if they want him that's good enough.

He looks good but all the videos I’ve seen of him, show he’s a right winger. We have Salah, Mane and Shaq there. We only have Mane on the left. Although I suppose Ox could theoretically cover both positions. 

4 hours ago, mgw100 said:

Yep, I know the interview you mean. Here's Bascombe's write up on it. He doesn't mention Coutinho at all, his point is that we won't spend big because we don't need to. You are adding the link to Coutinho yourself.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/15/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-wont-spend-big-summer-squad-can-compete/

In fact if you go back to Klopp's comments at the time of the Coutinho sale, he specifically says that the Van Dijk purchase isn't linked. Of course he may be managing the message but there's nothing I've seen yet to back up your point that Klopp has been very clear that no Coutinho = no Van Dijk. As I said above, it's just speculation. Whereas Coutnho's actions and intent are very clear indeed. 

When I get in front of a computer I'll dig something out. There's loads of stuff out there though I would think. I don't follow the press that much aside from what I pick up in here and I saw it more than once. 

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

How the fuck would anyone realise, he’s been on strike for 3 years!!!

POGBA PREPARED TO GO ON STRIKE

Paul Pogba is so determined to force through a move to Real Madrid that he is even considering going on strike at Manchester United, according to reports in Spain, cited by the Daily Mirror. 

It’s claimed the France international is preparing to submit a transfer request at Old Trafford in a bid to secure his dream move to work with Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabeu.

Failing that, Pogba is reportedly willing to down tools to force United into letting him leave the club

Just caught part of an interview on SSN, missed the beginning. Apparently he thinks it's time to move on because he's just had his best season! Unless I was misunderstanding the context because I didn't see the start. 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Been watching numerous videos of Fraser this morning. I think I’m close to going all in on him. 

I'm not into him. But then I wasn't fussed when we went for mane and I was well wrong about him. 

36 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I dunno, they made the Sunderland fans look too human I thought, should have gotten Peter Jackson in to make them look truer to life.

Are you joking? I felt like I was watching the Thriller video on repeat 

• Upvote 1

I was willing Coleman to give that dickhead who squared up to him a dig. I thought the Sunderland fans, by and large, came across as ok. Some of them got a bit heated though. The guy with the longish hair brandishing money at the ref in the relegation game was hilarious.

Anyway, I’m really enjoying the thoughts of the 7th to 12th places clubs in the PL who all seem to think Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U are there for the taking. Particularly the imaginary conversations/reasons for players choosing them - like this imagined encounter from West Ham fan, Ding, on KUMB.

It really depends on Pellegrini’s pitch. In my imagination, it might go like this:

P: “Look son, **** the stadium, **** London, **** the higher pay, **** the loyal and massive support - you’ll have all that here for sure - but the most important thing is - we’re building a fantastic young team here at West Ham and you are central to my plans. Come join a team with Diop, Balbuena, Rice, Anderson, Lanzini, Fornals - all young and world class - and imagine what this team can accomplish in a season or two?”

G: “Yeah, I guess. But are you in Europe? Valencia says I can play in Europe with them”. 

P: “Well, Valencia is right. We are not in Europe and they are. But let’s look at the big picture here. Man Utd got that kid managing them and a totally dysfunctional squad that threatens to fall apart from week to week. Chelsea, having lost their best player, is now gonna get that fat insufferable twat to run their team. All he’s ever managed was to take Derby from 6th to 6th in the ****ing championship. Arsenal is skint. Spurs is weighed down by the stadium. What I am saying son, is - if you join us we will be top 6 and in Europe next year. How old are you?”

G: “22 sir.”  

P: “So you’ll play in Europe with us when you’re about 23. How does that sound? Not so bad eh? And that’s not the only difference son. The big big difference is that you will have won the right to Europe FOR yourself, with the help of your teammates. You won’t have parachuted into the competition because someone else did it for you and gave it to you on a plate. With us, you will win the right to Europe for yourself. See? You know what that sort of dignity does to a man, son?”

G: “What, sir?”

P: “It puts hair on your ball sack, son. You wanna see mine?”

G: “No, i believe you, sir.”

P: “Sign here.”

G: “Alright.”

5 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Ox could theoretically cover both positions. 

I really hope we don’t see Ox, Lallana types out wide again. 

They don't have goal threat to play in the front three for us. In a 4-2-3-1 it’s less of an issue, but I think he’s much better central & deeper. 

Read Ox was training to play defensive mid, I’m guessing that’s in a double pivot. This appeals more. 

1 minute ago, LF:D said:

I really hope we don’t see Ox, Lallana types out wide again. 

They don't have goal threat to play in the front three for us. In a 4-2-3-1 it’s less of an issue, but I think he’s much better central & deeper. 

Read Ox was training to play defensive mid, I’m guessing that’s in a double pivot. This appeals more. 

Where did you read that?

26 minutes ago, Boss said:

PSG want to sell Neymar. 

Interesting to see where he will end up. Could Barca afford both Neymar and Griezmann? Maybe Bayern if the Sane deal is too difficult to conclude. United have Martial, Sanchez and Rashford already in his position already. He doesn’t strike me as a Guardiola type of player either.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Interesting to see where he ends up. Could Barca afford both Neymar and Griezmann? Maybe Bayern if the Sane deal is too difficult to conclude.

I think Griezmann would be cancelled if they could get Neymar. Apparently the dressing room have vetoed Griezmann and want Neymar's return. That could just be newspaper speculation though.