You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

7 hours ago, cloggypop said:

None of these rumour mongers have actually looked in De Telegraaf though. There's nothing in there about it. 

De Telegraaf is also about the closest thing to a Dutch tabloid. It isn't exactly a quality newspaper. 

It also sounds like something a Jamaican would read.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, cloggypop said:

None of these rumour mongers have actually looked in De Telegraaf though. There's nothing in there about it. 

De Telegraaf is also about the closest thing to a Dutch tabloid. It isn't exactly a quality newspaper. 

so you're saying its nailed on i take it? 

10 hours ago, mgw100 said:

I'll give you Alisson (bought months later obviously), where has Klopp been clear that there is no VVD purchase without Coutinho leaving? We tried to buy him in the previous summer of course, or was that just a smokescreen?

Klopp did an interview where it was in just about every paper. Talked about both of them and then told people not to expect those types of signings last year as they wouldn't have happened without coutinho leaving. 

9 hours ago, Scrump said:

He's gone - get over it

Talented player, but there are players out there much better suited to our system of play under Klopp

As I said loads of times , happy if there's someone better. But I don't see there is that covers the front 3 and can help in midfield (I think we need someone for each of those positions, but again I think it can work with 1 player who can do both) - and they know he's liked around the squad. He's as low risk a signing as you can make. 

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wolves and a few German teams are interested in Camacho and we've quoted a minimum of £10m. He also wants to leave to play regularly and play in his natural position. 

Kent is wanted by Aston Villa and Awoniyi was supposed to be joining Schalke for around 10 to 12 million. Allan will probably go back to Brazil as Chirivella may go back to Spain too. 

Clyne for 15m and Mignolet for another 10m as well. Think we'll be stuck with Lallana though.

I'm aware we're asking loads for these players. I just don't see people paying it. It's a bit like the 30m euros we were looking for origi last year. Bournemouth can't buy them all (although they might buy lallana, especially if they lose frazer)

13 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Klopp did an interview where it was in just about every paper. Talked about both of them and then told people not to expect those types of signings last year as they wouldn't have happened without coutinho leaving. 

Yep, I know the interview you mean. Here's Bascombe's write up on it. He doesn't mention Coutinho at all, his point is that we won't spend big because we don't need to. You are adding the link to Coutinho yourself.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/15/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-wont-spend-big-summer-squad-can-compete/

In fact if you go back to Klopp's comments at the time of the Coutinho sale, he specifically says that the Van Dijk purchase isn't linked. Of course he may be managing the message but there's nothing I've seen yet to back up your point that Klopp has been very clear that no Coutinho = no Van Dijk. As I said above, it's just speculation. Whereas Coutnho's actions and intent are very clear indeed. 

17 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm aware we're asking loads for these players. I just don't see people paying it. It's a bit like the 30m euros we were looking for origi last year. Bournemouth can't buy them all (although they might buy lallana, especially if they lose frazer)

You know what, we could do a lot worse than bringing Fraser in as a rotation option/back-up to our from three.

He plays mostly on the left, so that would allow us to rest Mane. He’s a good dribbler, his numbers last season were good (18 goal involvements), he’s still young-ish so will still improve and most importantly he’s PL-proven. 

17 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

He'll make more from a signing on fee as a 32 year old than he would get weekly wages this summer. Like Sturridge, he'll spend his last year largely not playing, and in doing so not being injured.

I'm sure he didn't play much this year, but was injured every week 

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

No he didn't. He pretty clearly played in an attacking midfield role with very little to no defensive or positional responsibility. 

Err Bullshit, he did have defensive responsibilities and was actuslly quite good tracking back and tackling for a player of his style. 

Don't want him back though

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

The lengths people go is mad..... 

74A67966-45D0-4033-8B63-938B83F1CDEF.jpeg

Is that a Lee Cattermole medical video in the bar on the right? My dreams have pretty much come true if so. Bring him on in the last ten minutes of the City and Man United games to kick every opposition player that moves. 

Yeah I'm  the same, for the money he'd cost i reckon Kloppo and Edwards could  do a lot better. I also reckon his career is on a downward trajectory now but if a Klopp or Pep got hold of him he'd soon find his feet again.

I'm just not buying the narrative that he wasn't that good for us or he didn't fit in to our system. Keita tried doing his role this year to very mixed results so there's room for that type of player. Coutinho will end up at PSG to pacify Neymar or Juve as Dybalas replacement.

How the fuck would anyone realise, he’s been on strike for 3 years!!!

POGBA PREPARED TO GO ON STRIKE

Paul Pogba is so determined to force through a move to Real Madrid that he is even considering going on strike at Manchester United, according to reports in Spain, cited by the Daily Mirror. 

It’s claimed the France international is preparing to submit a transfer request at Old Trafford in a bid to secure his dream move to work with Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabeu.

Failing that, Pogba is reportedly willing to down tools to force United into letting him leave the club

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Is that a Lee Cattermole medical video in the bar on the right? My dreams have pretty much come true if so. Bring him on in the last ten minutes of the City and Man United games to kick every opposition player that moves. 

Watched Sunderland Till I Die yesterday. I don’t think Cattermole is capable of kicking anything other than a dead cat these days.