You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Three Premier League clubs have tried to lure Adam Lallana away from Liverpool, but he has snubbed their interest. Not only does Lallana want to try and regain a regular starting spot but also secure a new contract with the Reds beyond 2020. [Football Insider] https://t.co/5KGd6rlzwe

The only contract he will be signing here is a BUPA one.

57 minutes ago, J-V said:

He really needs to fuck off.

This is a bit harsh, he seems a decent enough lad and it's not his fault we offered him a contract renewal so that he's still getting paid here.

That said, it would be nice if he'd accept one of the offers and do us all a favour. He's never going to get in the squad next season, is he? You'd expect Curtis Jones to be getting any minutes that Adam might have squeaked out next season anyway.

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This is a bit harsh, he seems a decent enough lad and it's not his fault we offered him a contract renewal so that he's still getting paid here.

That said, it would be nice if he'd accept one of the offers and do us all a favour. He's never going to get in the squad next season, is he? You'd expect Curtis Jones to be getting any minutes that Adam might have squeaked out next season anyway.

Fuck him he’s a fraud and gets away with it, everyone quick to jump on Sturridge but every time this dickheard comes back from injury it’s the same shit, stronger than ever blah blah blah, then pulls out for weeks with strains, made of cheese strings his legs are, fuck him off...

id rather give Wilson or Curtis Jones some minutes.

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Real Madrid sign Ferland Mendy for £53 million. Over 300 million Euros spent by Madrid so far this summer.

FUP.

12 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Fuck him he’s a fraud and gets away with it, everyone quick to jump on Sturridge but every time this dickheard comes back from injury it’s the same shit, stronger than ever blah blah blah, then pulls out for weeks with strains, made of cheese strings his legs are, fuck him off...

id rather give Wilson or Curtis Jones some minutes.

Is right.

He's offered us fuck all since being here, and we've paid him for the pleasure. 

We had everything done for the Fekir signing, so depending on his price now I’d say why not. If the price has dropped considerably then it’s less of a risk. A low price with bonus payments based on appearances etc could make it worthwhile. 

12 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Chris Waddle was excellent for Marseille.

Hoddle not quite so good at Monaco.

Ince did pretty well at Inter.

Wilkins, Hateley and Luther Blisset at Milan (maybe not so good).

Souness at Sampdoria - and Trevor Francis.

Didn’t Tony Woodcock play for Bayern Munich?

Hoddle was awesome at Monaco, best player of the league at the time.

woodcock was playing in Cologne /köln right . 

6 hours ago, Agt Provocateur said:

The local press in Lyon are linking us with a move back for Fekir. I can't see there being any truth to that, the reliable sources were all saying last summer that deal was as dead as dead can be. 

I wrote the same thing 10 days ago. The general idea in Lyon is that Fekir could still come. L’Equipe is adamant the deal failed because our owners tried to negotiate after the medical. It means Fekir was still wanted but as a bargain. I know it’s not what the club said.

4 hours ago, Agt Provocateur said:

I just can't see that being true. The poor lad had even had his PR stuff done for the website - I doubt that any of his entourage are that stupid and I doubt that the club would get pissed off enough to jepoardise a transfer of that magnitude at the last hour. The failed medical reasons sounds a lot more plausible. 

Vincent Duluc is the head editor of the football section at L’Equipe, he’s a very good and respected journalist. It remains to be seen though if it’s actually him who said that or they just dropp his name to make it look serious ....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, J-V said:

Is right.

He's offered us fuck all since being here, and we've paid him for the pleasure. 

I genuinely can’t think of a massively important game where he’s done anything, I remember him scoring against City a couple years ago other then that he’s done fuck all, should have binned him off 2/3 seasons ago.....

41 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Absolute genius work from Madrid, spending 300+ million Euros and counting on other team’s best players in two weeks.

Such shrewd squad building, how do they do it.

It’s called the PEP Method. Or RLFM. Real Life Footy Manager.