You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Liverpool are mulling over a potential deal for Porto forward Moussa Marega as back-up for their deadly forward trio, according to reports.

Marega has scored 20 goals and created nine for his team-mates in all competitions for Porto this season, including six goals in nine Champions League appearances.

And that form has seen transfer speculation increase this campaign with Everton and West Ham all credited with interest in the past, while Wolves had been reported to be leading the chase.

However, French publication Foot Mercato journalist Sebastien Denis (via Sport Witness) claims that Liverpool and West Ham are ‘hot’ on Marega with the Premier League sides ‘better equipped’ to land the Mali international amid interest from Marseille.

It is understood he would provide back-up for the likes of Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino if he did move to Anfield with Jurgen Klopp identifying depth in those positions as crucial in the summer market

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

For a reasonable price I would take Marega. He doesn't suit our style of football but a player with his pace and physicality is always useful no matter what.

Yeah if we want someone to chase vandals away from the Shankly statue. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah if we want someone to chase vandals away from the Shankly statue. 

He contributed to 9 goals in 9 games in the Champions League this season, he's not a total donkey. This is clearly a fake rumour, but he seems like the type of player who could be a good soldier.

You could throw him on to chase balls in the channels and batter opposition centre halves. Physically, few players can deal with him and he's fast and mobile.  

I was daydreaming about the mighty reds, as I do from time to time. And I started pondering about the fact we don't have any German players, which I thought was quite unusual. 

Are they all shit? Are they not suited to the way Klopp plays? Are they all kuntz? and Klopp can't be arsed with them? 

Really gets the noggin' joggin'