You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Maguire won't ever look a world beater in a high line.    

He will if he has someone rapid next to him and the midfield are good enough to stop 90% of counter attacks before they've even started. City are amazing for that, the amount of tactical fouls they get away with is absurd.

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Imagine spending more than Big Virg on Harry Maguire. 

I think Maguire is a good player but the poster who earlier said that he's not even in the same hemisphere as Big Virg was spot on. Not even worth the shit from the big man's shoe or the sewat from his neighbours dog's bollocks.

am i the only one that thinks Maguire is  square head and shoulders above De Ligt?

every time ive seen Maguire play he's looked rather solid.

De ligt on the other hand cant handle people jumping into him, and i he was megged for the Portugal goal last night. He's good, but at the price being bandied about for him, you'd expect the finished article, not some raw kid who you'd have to coach the fuck out of. 

52 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Giving Brendan 80ml to spend.

Edwards will be on the phone

Buy 2 get a third at full price

Come and see our wares

Special offer 24hrs only

Lovren 30ml

Lallana 15ml

Wilson 30ml

Or buy all 3 for 80ml

Come on Brendan you know you want to

He’ll blow it all on Joe Allen.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

| #LFC officials were impressed by Benfica youngster David Tavares in the Reds' friendly against the B team in the build up to the Champions League final [O Jogo] https://t.co/yxiddY6KNz

http://sportwitness.co.uk/liverpool-officials-impressed-youngster-benfica-friendly-name-player-now-revealed/

The last Taveres we signed has done ok.. I’m in

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Thoth said:
  • Jurgen Klopp is ready to hand Harry Wilson the chance to be a part of the long-term future at Liverpool. (Liverpool Echo)

I like Wilson, but I’m not convinced he’ll reach the level we need him to. He’s closest to Shaqiri in profile; good close close control and great striking technique, but lacking top-end pace. In the games I’ve seen him in, he never seemed to get involved too heavily in the build-up. I’d send him out on loan again but to a PL team next season. 

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Interested to see what role Lallana thinks he can play next season seeing as he's hardly been fit for 3 seasons and when he is fit he barely does anything. 

When fit and on his best form he’s been brilliant. Only problem is you get between 0 and 180 minutes of that a season.

Should be moved on to free up space in the squad.

Will be a bad mistake to stand still and not sign anyone. We've got the rare opportunity to consolidate ourselves as the main challengers to Man City domestically and to be the most feared team in the Champions League. 

Especially as Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea are all in rebuilding modes and Spurs still recovering from us beating them as well as convincing their manager that his future is there.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Will be a bad mistake to stand still and not sign anyone. We've got the rare opportunity to consolidate ourselves as the main challengers to Man City domestically and to be the most feared team in the Champions League. 

Especially as Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea are all in rebuilding modes and Spurs still recovering from us beating them as well as convincing their manager that his future is there.

The first paragraph is my concern. Always strengthen from a position of power. 

• Upvote 2