You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Anfield HQVerified account @AnfieldHQ

News from @LivEchoLFC today - Liverpool won’t be making moves for Nicolas Pepe or Matthijs De Ligt this summer.

Pepe story https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/latest-liverpools-transfer-interest-nicolas-16402033 

De Ligt story https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reasons-matthijs-de-ligts-big-16402938 

Haven't people learned yet than to trust the bullshit on Twitter as gospel?

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Anfield HQVerified account @AnfieldHQ

News from @LivEchoLFC today - Liverpool won’t be making moves for Nicolas Pepe or Matthijs De Ligt this summer.

Pepe story https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/latest-liverpools-transfer-interest-nicolas-16402033 

De Ligt story https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reasons-matthijs-de-ligts-big-16402938 

Haven't people learned yet than to trust the bullshit on Twitter as gospel?

This could be the FSG wet dream transfer window

bought.jpg

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

He's quite clearly a decent player mate, the fact Bournemouth have an attack minded M/F leaves their defence wide open at times and their M/F players aren't intelligent/wise enough to get back. Plus the rest of Bournemouth's defence is pretty average. Not saying we should buy him mind, I just think 40 million for him is more value than teams being quoted 90 million for Maguire. 

There's barely a defender in the league who's worth 40m and if you were going to pay that, it would need to be for one who's shown he can help shore up a defence, not one who's just part of a clown arse bunch of defenders. He might be the best of their back 4, but he absolutely smacks of an Everton moshiri signing to me. 

7 hours ago, LF:D said:

The club could very well be doing that.

It's hard to see The Echo credible at all anymore, they're all over the place and get things wrong all the time.

As sugar ape says, the echo is nothing but a mouthpiece for the club. They're as reliable as the club want them to be. In the past when the echo wasn't quite the waste of space it is today, they wouldn't be used like that and knew when to run decent stories. Now they're just like an off the record offal. 

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

As sugar ape says, the echo is nothing but a mouthpiece for the club. They're as reliable as the club want them to be. In the past when the echo wasn't quite the waste of space it is today, they wouldn't be used like that and knew when to run decent stories. Now they're just like an off the record offal. 

They're partly a mouthpiece, partly full of crap.

The Echo is horrendous now, I don't take anything they say will any credibility. 

5 hours ago, Heinze said:

Echo is rubbish for transfer news. When was the last time they had a scoop on any transfers to us? 

They may not get swoops. But when some killjoy at the club calls them to quell excitement about "imminent activity", they're capable of passing on the bad news.

DE LIGT: RONALDO ASKED ME ABOUT JUVE

Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt said he was asked about a move to Italian champions Juventus by Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of Sunday's Nations League final.

Ronaldo's Portugal triumphed 1-0 in the showpiece match leaving the 19-year-old defender De Ligt, who is widely expected to leave Ajax in the coming weeks, disappointed.

But television images showed Juve forward Ronaldo having a chat with the centre-half at the end of the game and the Dutchman confirmed a possible move to the Italian side had been raised by the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.

"I didn't understand him at first. I was a little shocked, so I laughed. But I didn't say anything," De Ligt told the Netherlands' NOS television. "So soon after the game you are not at all concerned with it. You are disappointed that you have lost and that is the only thing you are thinking about."

i think since all the leaks have stopped from inside the club its just pure guess work. Are we interested in the likes of Pepe De Ligt yes we would be crazy not to be .......will we sign them? well thats another story  

7 hours ago, Thoth said:

DE LIGT: RONALDO ASKED ME ABOUT JUVE

Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt said he was asked about a move to Italian champions Juventus by Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of Sunday's Nations League final.

Ronaldo's Portugal triumphed 1-0 in the showpiece match leaving the 19-year-old defender De Ligt, who is widely expected to leave Ajax in the coming weeks, disappointed.

But television images showed Juve forward Ronaldo having a chat with the centre-half at the end of the game and the Dutchman confirmed a possible move to the Italian side had been raised by the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.

"I didn't understand him at first. I was a little shocked, so I laughed. But I didn't say anything," De Ligt told the Netherlands' NOS television. "So soon after the game you are not at all concerned with it. You are disappointed that you have lost and that is the only thing you are thinking about."

He offered to get him any women he wants Wether she likes it or not. The rapey prick

I see the potential with De Ligt and he seems to be a real leader when you see him with the fans and talking about the game.

His inexperience also shows through as well though and being a big money signing for one of the big clubs he'll be under a lot of pressure very quickly.  He has mistakes in him as was shown against England and against Spurs.  If the reports we're not interested are true I'd be happy with that as I'd rather see Gomez given the opportunity than spend all that money on him when I don't believe he'd improve our team right now.  Joe's a lot quieter but every bit as big a prospect.

Personally, I'd keep our four centre half choices as they are for next season.

46 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

De Ligt is being a massive tedious quim.

No surprise his agent is that fucking turbo-slug when you see the way he’s carrying on.

This. The whole thing with him and his cryptic messages is very boring. 

Give me Joe Gomez any day. 

50 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

De Ligt is being a massive tedious quim.

No surprise his agent is that fucking turbo-slug when you see the way he’s carrying on.

I've no idea whether he is a good player or not. However, it does seem very obvious that he is a bit of a helmet. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He is better than Lovren, Gomez and Matip. Sign him. 

He's not 70ml and 250k a week better than Gomez. And that slimey cunt of a agent will be back in 12-18 months trying to move him to Barcelona or wanting another 150k a week to top up his wages 

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If we still want a #10, Pablo Sarabia has an 18m euro release clause which is criminally low.

I'm expecting a youtube video with a eurotrash soundtrack any moment...