You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

23 minutes ago, Jennings said:

You lot have got me excited about this Pepe fella. I have seen some stuff on Youtube which looks great.

I am all in now. 

If he doesn't sign there'll be fookin trouble on here - and I am the second hardest bloke on here!!

There's only one thing I need to know about him. How is his lean?

39 minutes ago, Jennings said:

You lot have got me excited about this Pepe fella. I have seen some stuff on Youtube which looks great.

I am all in now. 

If he doesn't sign there'll be fookin trouble on here - and I am the second hardest bloke on here!!

Hope you get beat.

• Upvote 2

Pepe could easily be a centre forward. If we had a front 4 of Firmino, Mane, Salah and Pepe, you could play any of those players up top. The fluidity would be so difficult to stop. Or we could finally rotate one of the front 3 without losing quality or changing our style. 

FSG''s transfer model is sound, buy good you up and comers on the brink of taking that next step and what can go wrong? Even if they bust we'd still (at the very least) make our money back on them.

De Ligt, Pepe ? Safe as houses, sign em up because we are rolling in it.

Guest Pistonbroke

I see Leicester are quoting both manc clubs 90 million for Maguire. Fucking hell, 90 million for that!! Meanwhile Spurs are apparently after Ake for 40 million. Ake is way better than Maguire. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I see Leicester are quoting both manc clubs 90 million for Maguire. Fucking hell, 90 million for that!! Meanwhile Spurs are apparently after Ake for 40 million. Ake is way better than Maguire. 

Ake is worth looking at IMO.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Ake is worth looking at IMO.

He favours the same side of central defence as VVD. He's also versatile though, Play left side in a back three, left back and I believe Bournemouth were playing him in midfield in their last few games. A bit rough around the edges but definitely a good player who will improve, especially with a better manager and squad around him. 

13 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pepe could easily be a centre forward. If we had a front 4 of Firmino, Mane, Salah and Pepe, you could play any of those players up top. The fluidity would be so difficult to stop. Or we could finally rotate one of the front 3 without losing quality or changing our style. 

This. A million times this.

Why are people so hung up on making formations that have to include all of our big-money players? Sure, you don't want a £60m signing as third-choice in their position, but having 4 versatile players for 3 positions is a GOOD thing.

Klopp could keep the rhythm of the last few seasons going at first with Mane - Firmino - Salah and Pepe coming off the bench. Then once Pepe is up to speed he could use him to give Mane a rest and play Pepe - Firmino - Salah. Or if Bobby picked up an injury we're ready to go without dropping off a level, just play Mane - Salah - Pepe.

You get the idea. There is no way we're going to get as lucky as we did last season again and go through the whole year without a single lengthy injury to any of the front 3. All four of those players are capable of playing at least 2 positions up front and that means that they will all get over 2500 minutes in the league if fit. Probably over 3000 minutes each.

Brewster and Shaqiri are fine, but they are fine in the sense that you want them playing cups, used here and there to rotate the main players in and out of the lineup, that sort of thing. Not fine as in "if Bobby or Mo gets injured we can go 3 months with Brewster as our starting striker and still hope to win the league" fine. Pepe is a level above that, or at least we hope.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

D8j51LcXoAEm88a?format=jpg&name=900x900

That team is way too offensive...

Definitely. It will offend the whole of Europe with how good it is.

I don't get the attraction with Ake at all. He's the leader of Bournemouth's defence, they are one of the poorest defensive teams in the county and he's normally at the scene of the crime when it goes wrong. He has the odd game where he wins his one on one battles, but that's the exception for me and I think he's not even close to ordinary. I'm not against us getting another centre back because I think 3 of our 4 are crocks and one of them also doubles as full back cover. But for me if they're all fit, Ake would come in behind every one of them. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

He's quite clearly a decent player mate, the fact Bournemouth have an attack minded M/F leaves their defence wide open at times and their M/F players aren't intelligent/wise enough to get back. Plus the rest of Bournemouth's defence is pretty average. Not saying we should buy him mind, I just think 40 million for him is more value than teams being quoted 90 million for Maguire.