You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Who did he buy from the lower leagues who was a success? I don't remember any, but that could be down to my old mind! Early on he bought some players like Irwin and Bruce who were pretty low key, but I think still seen as good too flight players. Aside from that i don't really recall many good value signings. The rest were top money for the times and their age as I recall. 

I think Keane was bought from a relegated Nottingham Forest side. As you say there wasn't many, that's why this James signing being heralded as a Fergie type deal doesn't really make much sense. 

11 minutes ago, Boss said:

I think Keane was bought from a relegated Nottingham Forest side. As you say there wasn't many, that's why this James signing being heralded as a Fergie type deal doesn't really make much sense. 

It’s strange to think that Man Utd are six years removed from Ferguson and their last top tier trophy. The mythologising of Ferguson is only going to grow with each year that passes without them winning the Premier League or Champions League. Not to dismiss the Europa & FA Cup that they’ve lifted since, but for all we won under Gérard Houllier, it didn’t feel as though we were back at the top table until Istanbul.

9 minutes ago, Boss said:

Keane wasn’t a fucking unknown from lower leagues. 

He was wanted by both pisshead and Kenny at Blackburn and went for £3.75m a British transfer record. 

12 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s strange to think that Man Utd are six years removed from Ferguson and their last top tier trophy. The mythologising of Ferguson is only going to grow with each year that passes without them winning the Premier League or Champions League. Not to dismiss the Europa & FA Cup that they’ve lifted since, but for all we won under Gérard Houllier, it didn’t feel as though we were back at the top table until Istanbul.

Also, the fact that he left them in an absolute mess is also looming greater and greater.

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Everton taxi drivers....

bol-uk

Player Valuation: £60m
So, guy on Taxi club facecock group saying Origi £40 mil 5 year deal.

I actually think he would be good but not at 40mil

I can well believe people on the taxi club Facebook group say Origi on a regular basis.

Including in their sleep.

This Daniel James lad was deemed not good enough for Shrewsbury Town two years ago and then 33 Championship games later United are paying 18 million for him!

I watched his highlight reel against City earlier, and to be fair he ran Otamendi ragged, but it seems although nobody at United has realised Otamendi is so bad even Stones is ahead of him!

I have watched Harry Wilson quite a bit this season, and he is better than James albeit nowhere near good enough for us. Its also quite telling that the only other team to go in for James recently was Leeds! I'm calling it now he will be back in the championship in two years. Hopefully still playing for United. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Or we can all just talk shit for the next few months as there’s no decent football on the telly? 

To be fair we all talked shit when the football was on as well

You lot have got me excited about this Pepe fella. I have seen some stuff on Youtube which looks great.

I am all in now. 

If he doesn't sign there'll be fookin trouble on here - and I am the second hardest bloke on here!!

16 minutes ago, Jennings said:

You lot have got me excited about this Pepe fella. I have seen some stuff on Youtube which looks great.

I am all in now. 

If he doesn't sign there'll be fookin trouble on here - and I am the second hardest bloke on here!!

Annie Road got binbagged mate. You might be number 1 now. 

• Upvote 2