You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Seems I mentioned him as a potential signing once, in April 2012, on a thread called Leftfield Moneyball Transfer Signings. 'Kinell...

I'm sure you can find a better example of a bad transfer suggestion from me than a leftfield option who went on to win the league in a better team than we had at that time NV!

Probably, yeah. But I honesty couldn’t remember the name of that fucking fullback, and I’m way lazier than I used to be mate, my attention span is shorter and I just care less. I’m becoming more... normal. It’s quite distressing. 

24 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Probably, yeah. But I honesty couldn’t remember the name of that fucking fullback, and I’m way lazier than I used to be mate, my attention span is shorter and I just care less. I’m becoming more... normal. It’s quite distressing. 

Considering I was takiking the oiss out of myself with the original post, prob not worth it anyway!

Hmm, full back... the only one I can remember going balls deep on, other than those from our academy (Robindon and McLaughlin, yikes!), is Rodruiguez.

I have no idea how he is doing,  but just noticed he's on my telebox!

Matip only has a year left on his contract and who knows he may have indicated that he’d like to go back to Germany. The club may see De Ligt as one of those deals that just has to be done if the sums are right and the player is up for it. I have a feeling he’s going to end up at Abu Dhabi City though.

2 hours ago, Boss said:

I don't see what more is possible for a 19 year old. He's captain of Ajax, Dutch Player of the Year, got voted in the Champions League Team of the Season and he plays regularly for the Dutch National team.

On 04/06/2019 at 19:27, viRdjil said:

Donny Van der Beek reminds me of young Bastian Schweinsteiger somewhat.

I think the fact that we have ki jana Hoever as well as Gomez means Jurgen wont pursue the  De ligt deal 

8 hours ago, moof said:

According to Raiola (I know, I know) it’s between us and PSG for De Ligt. 

Not according to my PMs...

Raiola claims the €80m-rated Ajax defender – who has emerged as one of European football’s hottest properties this summer – has proposals to join Manchester United, Juventus, PSG, Liverpool and Barcelona and is due to make a decision on his future after Holland’s involvement in the Nations League is concluded.

Of the quintet, Manchester United and PSG appear to have been ruled out of the running and, according to Sport, it looks like being a choice between Barcelona and Liverpool with Juventus seen as the less likely to sign the teenager.

And according to the Spanish paper, Liverpool have a great chance of bringing the commanding centre-half to Anfield, with Raiola steering his man towards Anfield for three major reasons.

Firstly, it’s claimed Raiola believes De Ligt’s career will benefit enormously from playing alongside Virgil van Dijk on a weekly basis and help the player’s game improve beyond all measure.

Secondly, Raiola believes Liverpool will be strong contenders to dominate Europe for a number of years; the Reds underlining their credentials this weekend by winning the Champions League for the sixth time in their history.

And finally, the super-agent believes that a move to Anfield would be financially rewarding. Manchester United and PSG are said to offered ‘dizzying amounts’ to De Ligt, but Liverpool’s strong financial position – together with their regularity of rewarding improved contracts to their top stars – could prove equally as lucrative to the player over the long-term.

2 hours ago, Boss said:

I don't see what more is possible for a 19 year old. He's captain of Ajax, Dutch Player of the Year, got voted in the Champions League Team of the Season and he plays regularly for the Dutch National team.

You missed that Golden boy thing last year

If this de Ligt thing happens, it confirms my theory : Klopp likes smoking weed every so often and he's getting Dutch players in to ship it over for him. With 3 players to turn to he has his main guy and two backups.

Kuyt will probably be back soon as part of our staff so he has 3 backups.

I think it's overkill to be honest. He could simply get some local people to supply him with some skunk, no need for this importing thing. Why not support local people and buy British?

Before anyone starts : it's not the plant that's the problem. It's Klopp's increasing worries about his backups failing and his reliance on foreign weed.

But then when you consider that we just won the CL again it could be partly down to some extremely good Dutch stuff going around. This could explain why Ajax got so far as well. We almost had them in the final, but maybe their manager ran out of decent stuff when they played Spurs, forcing his thinking to be slightly erratic on the day.

My own idea for a solution is this : the club buys some land somewhere and gets some decent enough weed crops going. No need to be continually paying out for Dutch players in order to feed Klopp's habit.

• Upvote 1