You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I'd be after someone like Van De Beek or maybe even Eriksen.  I think we'll need someone like that in the squad to help fill gaps with the extra competitions and fucked up pre-season we're inevitably heading into with all the internationals.

6 minutes ago, moof said:

Aye, he’s immense for his age. Still, he’s made fuck loads of mistakes in the games I’ve seen him play. I think Gomez is underrated, personally. I think he’ll be first choice centre back for us for the next 10 years 

But just imagine De Ligt with Virgil next to him. 

This time even 6 months ago Matip might have been at risk but his form since the turn of the year has been up there with van Dijk's. There is no way he will be moved on. I would be happy enough to see Lovren moved on to bring in De Ligt but our priority has to be further up the field. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Buying one CD and letting 2 go wouldn’t make much sense to me. At all. 

How do you keep 4 top class international CB happy? 

You can't, you can rotate 3 and have a young or older 4th choice. Matip and Lovren are not going to be happy starting under 10 games a year. And if you want Gomez and De Ligt they need to play plenty and van Dijk is undroppable barring the odd rest

7 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

This time even 6 months ago Matip might have been at risk but his form since the turn of the year has been up there with van Dijk's. There is no way he will be moved on. I would be happy enough to see Lovren moved on to bring in De Ligt but our priority has to be further up the field. 

De Ligt isn't going to join unless he's playing regularly and if Lovren and Matip stay how do you give any of them enough games

16 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

If we have an opportunity to buy a player of that talent we should do it

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

De Ligt isn't going to join unless he's playing regularly and if Lovren and Matip stay how do you give any of them enough games

This is also a concern.

The only way this would work is if Gomez plays regularly at right back which I don't want in the slightest. De Ligt is a want, not a need. It just isn't the right time. 

1 minute ago, Agt Provocateur said:

This is also a concern.

The only way this would work is if Gomez plays regularly at right back which I don't want in the slightest. De Ligt is a want, not a need. It just isn't the right time. 

This is the only time we will ever get a chance to sign him. If we don’t he either goes to Barca or if he goes to another club like the Mancs then his next move after that will be Barca.

The only way to improve this team is to buy players better than we already have. And there are only two areas we can realistically do that; one is centre mid and one is centre back. I don’t think we will sign De Ligt but if we get the chance to we absolutely should.

Gomez will still get plenty of games as he can cover right back and, at a push, left back while he tries to prove he can stay fit for a whole season. 

Just now, Agt Provocateur said:

This is also a concern.

That's my thought. 

Im simply saying if we wanted to do the deal it's likely you lose Lovren and Matip, then it can be done. 

We really are in a position of needing very little. Even the number 10 everyone says we need won't play each week as Klopp likes the midfield set up we have. 

Not seen us in a position like this in years

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Gomez will still get plenty of games as he can cover right back and, at a push, left back while he tries to prove he can stay fit for a whole season. 

Don't agree with this part. He can fill in there but we really don't want him to be. He isn't good enough going forward and we rely souch on the width and attacking play from our fullbacks 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Don't agree with this part. He can fill in there but we really don't want him to be. He isn't good enough going forward and we rely souch on the width and attacking play from our fullbacks 

I’ve said on here before I’m not a fan of him there but Jurgen clearly likes him there, especially in some games where he wants to set up more defensively and I’d be surprised if we bought a back up right back this summer.

A fourth regular match-winner is the only thing I really want. Ideally, I’d like a young, exciting talent with pace, trickery and goals aplenty who can play across the front three or in midfield. That sounds a lot like a “cake and eat it” player. However this is Liverpool: we’ve got Kloppo, Edwards and the European Cup on the case. So why the fuck not?

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

A fourth regular match-winner is the only thing I really want. Ideally, I’d like a young, exciting talent with pace, trickery and goals aplenty who can play across the front three or in midfield. That sounds a lot like a “cake and eat it” player. However this is Liverpool: we’ve got Kloppo, Edwards and the European Cup on the case. So why the fuck not?

Preferably someone who can play on the left comfortably.

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He is, yeah. Gomez is class like. 

i do like the look of that Ziyech guy, but he's 25, and i cant help but think if he was that good, he'd have been snapped up by someone bigger by now.

Obviously you see the dutch league more than most on here, who are the real stars on that Ajax team, and also the Dutch league? 

Im guessing PSV must have some equally good players, seeing as they only finished 3 points behind Ajax this season.

Van Djik is so good we could literally buy a £10m centre back every season, give him 30 games beside Virgil and flip him for £50m profit. Matip is good, better in the last 3 months than I thought he ever could be and Gomez has looked class too but I can't help but feel Virgil just makes everyone look good. Honestly feel confident that as a 39 year old with a bit of belly and no match experience for about 6 years that i could get through a game with Virgil just ordering me around.

Any combination of Gomez, Matip and Lovren would bring problems pretty quickly if anything happened to Van Djik, De Ligt even at 19 looks like he would step up and lead in his absence with any 2 of the above alongside him. He also looks like he could be the player to rebuild a club like Man Utd or even City around, we don't need him but if it possible and it stops a rival getting him I'd be all for it.

• Upvote 3