You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

What’s that all about mate?

It's in the German newspaper Bild. De Ligt has come out and said he has one option that's better than the others. It's probably Barcelona in all honesty but he did an interview with De Jong a couple of years ago and was asked where he dreamt of playing and he said the Premier League. Bild are basically saying is this Klopp's next trophy?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Boss said:

It's in the German newspaper Bild. De Ligt has come out and said he has one option that's better than the others. It's probably Barcelona in all honesty but he did an interview with De Jong a couple of years ago and was asked where he dreamt of playing and he said the Premier League. Bild are basically saying is this Klopp's next trophy?

Cheers.

I’m gonna say this now so it doesn’t sound like sour grapes when he signs for whoever it is, but he seems like a bit of a whopper with all these contrived whispers and titbits he keeps doling out about his next destination.

What is he, Antoine Griezmann and The Koptalk Slug’s love-child? If he does go to United he’ll suit Pogba down to the ground with such modern attention-seeking mingery.

• Upvote 1

Can't remember if I posted this the other day but this quote from John Henry before the final got my senses tingling. I've got a feeling we have someone lined up and will pull a Fabinho soon.

"We’ll be set on winning next year. We’re going to have a go, and we’re strong already.

"Every year—we haven’t gone through that process yet, because we’re still playing—but every year we’ve shown we’re willing to invest in the right kind of player and do it the right way so the club is sustainable."

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Matthijs de Ligt as the Ajax defender revealed that he has “one option” that is “better” than the others.

The Netherlands international has not only been linked with a move to Old Trafford but also heavily with Barcelona, who are still the favourites to sign the centre-back.

And De Ligt has now claimed that he has “several options” on the table with “one option” the most logical.

“I am very excited about what could happen in the near future. I am also trying to stay calm, though,” De Ligt told RTL4.

“I view this as a challenge — that is the most important thing.

“There are several options and I really want to pick the best one. Logically, one option is better than another.

“Life abroad could be difficult, but I am still an ordinary Dutch guy, I am no different to the others. Perhaps living abroad will be more intense for me.”

In other reports on Tuesday, German newspaper Bild have suggested that Liverpool may sign De Ligt following their Champions League success.

The report says that a deal for De Ligt would be Jurgen Klopp‘s ‘next triumph’ after leading them to a 2-0 victory over Tottenham in Madrid on Saturday

I think we need one more top player in the profile of Firmino or Salah and Mané but I have a feeling we won't think it will be worth the big fee.

I don't think we need a #10 type anymore unless that player can also play striker. The way we play with 3 workhorses in the middle and the 3 forwards is so effective defensively and offensively. We just need to add a similar player to what we already have in attack to effectively rotate.