You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Lyon star Maxwel Cornet has claimed that he’s ‘flattered’ to be linked with a ‘big club’ like Liverpool this summer.

Cornet had an impressive season for Lyon, scoring 12 goals in 36 appearances for the Ligue 1 outfit, and the 22-year-old forward has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in recent months.

Watford and Fulham both flirted with the idea of signing Cornet and reports suggest Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has registered an interest in the Ivory Coast international.

Though Cornet admits that it’s pleasing to be linked with the likes of Liverpool, he stresses that he’s never asked to leave Lyon.

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

I hope we keep Shaqiri 

I’d like to keep him too. Could be one of those players like Bellamy or Robbie Keane though who never ends up playing for a shitload of clubs, for whatever reason or reasons. 

Peripatetic Powercube. 

55 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Lyon star Maxwel Cornet has claimed that he’s ‘flattered’ to be linked with a ‘big club’ like Liverpool this summer.

Cornet had an impressive season for Lyon, scoring 12 goals in 36 appearances for the Ligue 1 outfit, and the 22-year-old forward has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in recent months.

Watford and Fulham both flirted with the idea of signing Cornet and reports suggest Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has registered an interest in the Ivory Coast international.

Though Cornet admits that it’s pleasing to be linked with the likes of Liverpool, he stresses that he’s never asked to leave Lyon.

That's quite a scoop.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

He's poo. 

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I'm sick of all these flakey rumours, I've heard hundreds and thousands of them, its enough to make you suicidal but I'm not going to top myself

I may have exaggerated a bit here, it's more like 99

• Upvote 1

Beating Barcelona while he gave it his all to knock us out, ready to celebrate wildly and rub our noses in it like we were just any club, was a natural finish to the Suarez cycle.

He overshadowed us for a while, horribly so when he left to immediately win the European Cup while we had to suffer total dross like Balotelli up front for us.

Amazing player and I don’t care a fuck how he behaved in those games against us, but it showed how much we’ve finally moved on to better things ourselves that it wasn’t enough to prevent us breaking them, winning the tie and marching on.

Firmly in our past.

• Upvote 6