You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

47 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's apparently gone up £50m with last year's business, extended contracts and Klopp about to get a 6 year extension. While we only bought 4 players last year 3 of them were high earners and we've retained our existing good players on better contracts so that they won't be enticed elsewhere.

With all the players leaving it could free up about another £38m- £40m but having another high earner like Suarez who isn't guaranteed to start is basically wasting money that could go on a younger player with more pace, less baggage and recent injury problems. 

image.png

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Suarez would score eleventy million goals for us -- the first goal against us in the away game is the perfect example of what he can still do and what we do not have. He would not get alot of starts but off the bench he would be mustard.

He'd upset the dynamic in the dressing room and be fucked with VAR big time, as he is a lunatic. I daresay Klopp could handle him to some degree, but I'd prefer to sign an unknown as I have complete faith in Klopp and transfers....actually 100% more than anyone manager that preceded him in the previous 30 years! I'd actually go so far as to say I couldn't give a rats arse who we sign as long as we strengthen to allow for injuries (as blessed this year) and competing for all silverware! Sign 5 more Andy Robertsons!

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

West Ham are willing to match Liverpool’s £22.5m valuation of Xherdan Shaqiri this summer. The midfielder previously turned down a move to the London club last summer to join Anfield. [Daily Post] https://t.co/0990kvsJCH

We shouldn't be selling him for anything under £30m

And/or looking for Anderson in return!

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There are actually very, very few players like Suarez.

He just elected to have knee surgery in order to be ready for Copa America when Barca still had the Copa Del Rey to win. You're right, few players are as unprofessional.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

There are actually very, very few players like Suarez.

We’ve reached the European Cup Final two years running, so if there ever is a good time for short term solutions this definately isn’t it.

We should build to stay competitive at this level for the next decade, and there is no room for Suarez in that plan.

• Upvote 1