You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Would be half open to Suarez as i think he's still top class and is a winner. I actually didn't care about his behaviour against us because it was him all over and when he was here i liked his lunacy and how he pissed off self-righteous middle England.

However, i'm not sure he'd take being more of a squad player or rotated and we have a team with that same winning desire that he had here.

• Upvote 2

No. Not because of all the shite he pulled in the semi final but his knee injury has slowed him down big time and he'd have trouble re-adapting to the pace of the Premier League. 

He would also be likely to get into more unnecessary shite with other teams players and fans. When he was here we tolerated him to a certain extent because we weren't very good and we relied on him. Now we don't need all his shit because we have other great players to rely on. 

As said above, our wage bill is massive and we don't need to pay him a fortune to be a back up.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

Imagine having Suarez to come off the bench. 

Not sure he'd be too interested in that role himself. Given that we trounced them, in some ways I've enough goodwill left over that I can only laugh at some of his antics against us. I reckon he dives and waves imaginary yellow cards when he's kicking around with his kids in the garden. Daft, often brilliant bastard.

I'd still take Coutinho over him.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

No. Not because of all the shite he pulled in the semi final but his knee injury has slowed him down big time and he'd have trouble re-adapting to the pace of the Premier League. 

He would also be likely to get into more unnecessary shite with other teams players and fans. When he was here we tolerated him to a certain extent because we weren't very good and we relied on him. Now we don't need all his shit because we have other great players to rely on. 

As said above, our wage bill is massive and we don't need to pay him a fortune to be a back up.

The wage bill argument is a bit of a red herring though, isn't it?

Considering we'll be shifting £150 pw with sturidge, 50/60 for Moron, 25 for Calamity Karius, 60 for Ings & 70 for Clyne immediately. Then we have, potentially 100 for lovren, 60/70 Ming (Didn't he sign a new deal that increased this though?), Lallana at the fat end of 70. We then have all the 'youth' who will be off the books soon, who will be picking up 15/20 pw.

That's a lot of wedge off the bill, with even the increases and bonus they'll earn for doing so well in Europe again this year, we're in rude financial health.

That's without even thinking about fees we'll have incoming.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Thoth said:

Errrrrr ok 

PSG CONSIDER MILNER MOVE
Thomas Tuchel admitted on Sunday that he would be naive to promise that Neymar and Kylian Mbappe will still be at PSG beyond the end of the summer. So should the Parisians lose either of their superstars, they are being linked with the only player capable of filling the glitz and glamour void: James Milner.

The Liverpool utility man is out of contract next year and it remains unclear what the 33-year-old’s next step might be. Milner has been linked with a return to Leeds but, according to Le Parisien, PSG have discussed the prospect of making an offer this summer.

PSG are looking to remodel their midfield, with Ander Herrera on the way from Manchester United and Napoli’s Allan also a target. Tuchel might be keen to hold on to Neymar and Mbappe but Julian Draxler, Thomas Meunier, Christopher Nkunku, Stanley Nsoki and Eric Choupu-Moting can all go

They want him to do all the running around that Neymar and Mbappe don't do

Suarez, in the form he was when he left us, would be perfect. He's too old now though. it's not going to happen.

Maybe it's just me but Suarez didn't look like he did when he played for us. He looked a bit fat, and his energy level was way below what we used to see from him.

Not sure about Cou either. The way we press there's no room for passengers, his defensive work isn't up to the standard we need. Against lower sides yeahh, but not one for the big games.

5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The wage bill argument is a bit of a red herring though, isn't it?

Considering we'll be shifting £150 pw with sturidge, 50/60 for Moron, 25 for Calamity Karius, 60 for Ings & 70 for Clyne immediately. Then we have, potentially 100 for lovren, 60/70 Ming (Didn't he sign a new deal that increased this though?), Lallana at the fat end of 70. We then have all the 'youth' who will be off the books soon, who will be picking up 15/20 pw.

That's a lot of wedge off the bill, with even the increases and bonus they'll earn for doing so well in Europe again this year, we're in rude financial health.

That's without even thinking about fees we'll have incoming.

It's apparently gone up £50m with last year's business, extended contracts and Klopp about to get a 6 year extension. While we only bought 4 players last year 3 of them were high earners and we've retained our existing good players on better contracts so that they won't be enticed elsewhere.

With all the players leaving it could free up about another £38m- £40m but having another high earner like Suarez who isn't guaranteed to start is basically wasting money that could go on a younger player with more pace, less baggage and recent injury problems.