You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

53 minutes ago, Code said:

I was listening to a podcast a couple of weeks back, may have been second captain's.  They had a Man City journo on who said they a deal in place for Ben Chilwell but contacted them to cancel it, he said he had no information as to why but his opinion was they were going to go big on a signing, probably an attacker. I could easily see them throwing a fuck you at UEFA and signing this cunt. Nobody else could afford him.

8 minutes ago, No2 said:

I was listening to a podcast a couple of weeks back, may have been second captain's.  They had a Man City journo on who said they a deal in place for Ben Chilwell but contacted them to cancel it, he said he had no information as to why but his opinion was they were going to go big on a signing, probably an attacker. I could easily see them throwing a fuck you at UEFA and signing this cunt. Nobody else could afford him.

Nah, only club Mbappe will move to is Real Madrid. City will probably buy Joao Felix. 

Gomez was absolutely incredible up to his injury, looked every bit a world class CB, piece of defending against blue cunts in the Origi game was one of the best pieces of defending I’ve ever seen. He needs to stay fit consistently and he’ll be one of the worlds best.

5 hours ago, suzy said:

I can’t say I’m a huge fan of Bake but Zidane does seem to be behaving like a right tit towards him. He said after the game that even if he’d had 4 subs he wasn’t going to be putting him on. Nice way to make your player feel!

I don't think it's fair to bring cookery into the argument. Hopefully stringvest doesn't get involved, or we're all doomed. 

Mbappe, that’ll be why Real are trying to lever Bale out the door in the way they are then, to make room on the wage bill.

Got no opinion on Bale either way, but I have no doubt at all Madrid are the cliquiest, most “face doesn’t fit”, entitled group of cunts outside exclusive New York girls schools for daddy’s little princess.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I don't think it's fair to bring cookery into the argument. Hopefully stringvest doesn't get involved, or we're all doomed. 

Haha I did write that very tired in bed last night!

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nah, only club Mbappe will move to is Real Madrid. City will probably buy Joao Felix. 

No chance that we are in for Joao Felix too?

I haven't seen much of him but he looks a quality player and perfect for competition/rotation with Firmino. Not many players in the world have those kind of link up skills and calmness on the ball. He drops off and plays others in to play and he can finish.

He would be absolutely perfect for us.

13 hours ago, LF:D said:

Well I don't agree with this.

Klopp has shown he will play young players as regulars if they are good enough.

Gomez at the start of this season, when a lot thought he would go on loan this season.  Granted he's older, but he didn't have much experience of playing CB for us or at top level at all before the start of this season.

Trent, regular at 19 because he is elite. Yes an elite RB, where his productivity from that position is almost unmatched.

De Ligt starts for Holland.  He's captain of Ajax taking them to the CL semi final. 

He can come & start for us easily.  Everyone makes mistakes, Van Dijk has this season, Gomez has, Matip has, Lovren definitely has.  

I definitely can see it happening if Klopp wants him enough but age won't be the barrier as he's ready NOW.

Not that I think money will be the deciding factor on this - but when we can probably get around £25m for Lovren, that makes it more appealing & feasible too.

You don’t have to agree with me but it’s not happening.  I’m not saying Klopp doesn’t give young players a chance either.  The side has already got its fair share now though and I can’t see him wanting to spend that much money on a centre back when we’ve already got the options available that we already have.  You can argue the case for it but it’s just not happening.

30 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You don’t have to agree with me but it’s not happening.  I’m not saying Klopp doesn’t give young players a chance either.  The side has already got its fair share now though and I can’t see him wanting to spend that much money on a centre back when we’ve already got the options available that we already have.  You can argue the case for it but it’s just not happening.

OK, I think it's possible given how our spending has changed the last few windows & how he fits our profile so well.