You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Kelly was dropped for the second part of the season because he was making mistakes. Only made 26 starts. I guess with Milner around we can give him a year but he's far from ready

Definitely not ready.  But we don't need him to be with Robertson & Milner, like you say.

He's a top talent.

On 16/05/2019 at 10:15, The Guest said:

I think I’ve said it before but every other day there’s a story from Real or one of their mouthpieces about how Bale is going to be sold and has to leave etc.  The days in between are somebody from Bale’s camp saying he’s going nowhere.  He’s being paid about 400k a week a apparently.  I think only the mancs would have been stupid enough to pay money for him and match those wages but after the Sanchez deal and having Mourinho blow millions I think even they are fed up of getting ripped off.  He will be at Real until his contract finishes which is in 3 years or Real let him leave for nothing whilst paying some of his wages.

All the talk seems to be the mancs want hungry young players with something to prove. i don't Bale really fits that profile. I reckon Bale will go on a loan deal to an Italian club or Munich. 

23 hours ago, Elite said:

How much do we reckon Shaq is worth if he does go?

Should at least get double the fee we paid in today's market.

I reckon we should want £30m for him. We all agreed he was a bargain last year, despite not much playing time, his stock has risen imo and while I am not statty, I guess his numbers are good. He'd cost us £30m to replace. I would like to keep him and try to find a way to use him in midfield. I just don't think the way we play he suits those wide attacking areas. Maybe he just can't work hard enough to play in midfield or doesn't have enough defensive awareness. 

Ajax have said Ziyech will leave. He'd fit us like a glove. Presses like an absolute madman and would create loads of chances for our attackers.

I truly will not get it if we don't target at least him or Pepe or an adequate Firmino rotation option. Pepe and Ziyech in particular are just so perfect for us. 

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ajax have said Ziyech will leave. He'd fit us like a glove. Presses like an absolute madman and would create loads of chances for our attackers.

I truly will not get it if we don't target at least him or Pepe or an adequate Firmino rotation option. Pepe and Ziyech in particular are just so perfect for us. 

He has a £25m release clause apparently. Agree, think he would suit us. 

If we could get Ziyech ro replace Shaqiri for a similar price I think it would be great business.

I really like Shaqiri, but he's not the best without the ball & I think that's always going to be an issue for him here.

Ziyech works harder, he's just as productive, maybe even more.  I think he'd suit us more for a similar price.

Shaqiri seemed good value, rather than suiting the way we play. I wouldn't be surprised if we sold him for a profit.

There'd be no logical reason to sign Pepe and Ziyech because they are both left footed and play the same position. I have a feeling that Klopp only wants one player for the front three though, and I reckon that player is Werner.

It depends how he feels about Shaqiri. Klopp is usually very loyal, so I can't see him turfing Shaqiri out after one season. He'd be more likely to back Shaq to keep learning and increase his defensive contribution next season.

• Upvote 1

I agree with LFD Ithibk shaqs time is up due to that lack of desperation to win the ballback amongst other things. Good signing though.

is Werner the American one? I don’t like having American players. Tbf I shouldn’t be on any transfer committees.

59 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I agree with LFD Ithibk shaqs time is up due to that lack of desperation to win the ballback amongst other things. Good signing though.

is Werner the American one? I don’t like having American players. Tbf I shouldn’t be on any transfer committees.

That's Pulisic. Werner is German.

Someone's drip feeding the media about the massive increase in wages so I do wonder if we will sit on our arse and just sign squad fillers. 

Be a mistake if we do, don't want another copy of the last 3vtimes we have been runners up

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Someone's drip feeding the media about the massive increase in wages so I do wonder if we will sit on our arse and just sign squad fillers. 

Be a mistake if we do, don't want another copy of the last 3vtimes we have been runners up

What's being reported mate?

That we will probably only sign a couple of players, none costing more than Shaqiri did. That we view the squad as nearly complete and need to replace the leavers. That new contracts for the big players and rumoured Klopp new deal will cost a fortune in wages. 

5 hours ago, rotoq said:

Shaq is decent, but really needs to play more. Was it ever confirmed why he got so little playing time this season?

Sore balls? Groin injuries? I think he will stay. All talk of unrest I think is mischief making before the Champions League Final.