You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 hours ago, Red House said:

Liverpool could generate up to £100m in sales this summer as Klopp makes transfer decisions on Grujic (£20m), Wilson (£20m), Clyne (£15m) , Mignolet (£12m), Camacho (£10m) , Kent (£12m) , Awoniyi (£10m) , Ojo and Ejaria- James Pearce

In other news...

So unless any unforeseen circumstances arise to change that, it will be a low-key, conservative window at Anfield.

One, maximum two signings - and for fees unlikely to surpass, for instance, the £13m Liverpool spent on Xherdan Shaqiri last summer.

So...

We're likely to bring in up to  £100m by selling players we don’t want to keep, therefore we're likely to spend no more than about £25m.

Am I missing something or does that make literally no sense at all?

It sounds like the club are putting the not signing anyone thing out as a PR thing to me.  We don’t need anyone like we needed a keeper and a centre back.  I think it’s an exercise to stop us getting ripped off.

There is a chance though that Klopp looks at the team and sees no need.  Milner/Gomez can cover left back, the same can be said of right back.  We’ve got 4 centre backs.  We’ve got plenty of centre mids as well who can play the different positions there.  We’ve got Shaqiri/Ox/Origi/Keita as cover for the wide forwards with Wilson coming back in as well. Mane/Salah/Brewster to cover Firmino.  It’s not what I would do because there’s a lot of risk in that but I could see Klopp thinking that way.

27 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

So...

We're likely to bring in up to  £100m by selling players we don’t want to keep, therefore we're likely to spend no more than about £25m.

Am I missing something or does that make literally no sense at all?

Two different journos. The top bit is from Pearce about sales, the bottom bit is from some BBC guy predicting signings.

Don't think we will sign another striker because it looks like Origi will stay and Brewster is rated by Klopp. A few foreign clubs are interested in Bobby Duncan even though he's 17. I think if Klopp signed another striker then both would probably think they needed to leave eventually.

Real Madrid will release up to 14 players this summer, with Welsh forward Gareth Bale, 29, Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas, 32, and Colombia forward James Rodriguez, 27, likely to be among them.

they are gonna spend some big money this summer by the looks of it

10 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Real Madrid will release up to 14 players this summer, with Welsh forward Gareth Bale, 29, Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas, 32, and Colombia forward James Rodriguez, 27, likely to be among them.

I think it depends if they can actually shift those players, chief amongst them Bale. You'd have to imagine Utd are his only really option, and they may be desperate enough to even match his current wages.

I wonder whether the Origi new contract story is positioning for summer negotiations. His stock is high so if we act like we want to keep him someone will need to pay more money.

I noticed Rodgers talking him up the other day so I wouldn't be shocked if we sold him to Leicester for 25 to 30 odd million.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Wouldn't be against Gareth Bale going to Manchester United on £500,000 a week just as his powers begin to wane.

As for the rest of them, welcome to China, washed-up Madrid lads with insane wage demands.

Yep. If you’re looking to buy players the optimal vibe you want to be giving out is that you don’t have much money to spend and will walk if the selling club is unreasonable. 

And for selling players obviously you want to make out that you won’t want to lose the players unless it’s for a premium fee. Like with Origi.

We all saw what happened last summer when it became apparent we desperately needed to replace Karius. Roma held all the cards and we paid through our noses for Alisson, even though he was worth every penny.

I think I’ve said it before but every other day there’s a story from Real or one of their mouthpieces about how Bale is going to be sold and has to leave etc.  The days in between are somebody from Bale’s camp saying he’s going nowhere.  He’s being paid about 400k a week a apparently.  I think only the mancs would have been stupid enough to pay money for him and match those wages but after the Sanchez deal and having Mourinho blow millions I think even they are fed up of getting ripped off.  He will be at Real until his contract finishes which is in 3 years or Real let him leave for nothing whilst paying some of his wages.

31 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I think I’ve said it before but every other day there’s a story from Real or one of their mouthpieces about how Bale is going to be sold and has to leave etc.  The days in between are somebody from Bale’s camp saying he’s going nowhere.  He’s being paid about 400k a week a apparently.  I think only the mancs would have been stupid enough to pay money for him and match those wages but after the Sanchez deal and having Mourinho blow millions I think even they are fed up of getting ripped off.  He will be at Real until his contract finishes which is in 3 years or Real let him leave for nothing whilst paying some of his wages.

The Mancs are the same with Sanchez. 

"Yeah we'll sell him in the summer."

"He's not going to Leave whilst he's on £400k a week"

"He will, someone will have him"

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Mirror reporting that we had scouts at Lyon's game at the weekend. Fekir? Depay? Aouar?

The Echo have suggested Ndombele may have been among those we were looking at. In short, none of the journos have a clue what we've got planned for the summer.

This Ornstein bloke is just getting a bit of publicity for himself. He is an Arsenal mouthpiece but knows exactly what every club are doing in the summer. Like he is in Jurgens mind, Edwards is his telepathic puppet. 

He is controlling Edwards. “ you will not strengthen from a position of strength ooooohhhhh. You will only spend 13 m aaaaaaaahhhhhh. Stop looking away from my eyes “