You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

20 minutes ago, The Guest said:

People need to stop looking at spreadsheets and use their fucking eyes.  Zaha is a fantastic footballer and would be sensational at a club where he receives the ball a lot more with more support, options and goal scoring opportunities. He’s not lazy either and would be able to play in any of our forward positions.  The problem I think would be price.

The people that use their eyes would know he's all wrong for us in every way imaginable.

File under: Absolutely not, under any circumstances.

• Upvote 3

Players can be motivated to work hard and adhere to a style if the manager is good enough. And we have a great manager. Zaha's the type of player who would thrive with us. Plays a bunch of different attacking positions, great in 1 on 1's, plays with flair and imagination.

Only concern with him is the price, which is probably too high, but I have zero doubt that he'd be great for us. He's probably just too expensive and a bit too old.

59 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Doesn’t sound like there’s going to be much activity going on this summer reading a few reports.....

Lots out but little coming in, id be amazed if we didn’t strengthen.

We are only desperate for one type of player. Wouldn't surprise me if there was only one major incoming and a couple other youth players. 

1 hour ago, Trojan1892 said:

Doesn’t sound like there’s going to be much activity going on this summer reading a few reports.....

Lots out but little coming in, id be amazed if we didn’t strengthen.

Do you remember not too long ago all the noise coming out of anfield was klopp was happy with Karius, despite his clangers in the champions league final. 

We know what happened next...... 

Keep calm, Klopp and Edwards know what they're up to. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Guest said:

People need to stop looking at spreadsheets and use their fucking eyes.  Zaha is a fantastic footballer and would be sensational at a club where he receives the ball a lot more with more support, options and goal scoring opportunities. He’s not lazy either and would be able to play in any of our forward positions.  The problem I think would be price.

Isn't that the point that most people are making against his signing?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t go big this summer. Klopps built a squad of mates who’ve got each other’s backs and I reckon if origi stays we’ll only be looking at back ups to replace Mignolet & Moreno as Brewster will be getting the promised minutes next year. 

We’re already well stocked in midfield and Ox, Keita & Grujic will be this years new signings. 

As an outside bet I’ve got a feeling that if we do go for an extra forward, we’ll go for someone under the radar like Deulofeu. Not gonna break the bank, very talented and yet to hit full potential, can play across the front 3 and is used to being rotated. 

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

WAIT- How do I EDIT!!

Turns out Zaha is the only potent dribbler in the top potent dribblers in the league to lose possession more often than he goes by someone. That can't be good

We should sign the next player to dribble past Big Virg. That's the level we should be talking about. 

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

We should sign the next player to dribble past Big Virg. That's the level we should be talking about. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cda7a384241625573

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cda7a714634616555

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cda7aaf4c3065616f

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cda7ac7653359474d

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cda7b0d63574b5a59