You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Genuinely can't wait to sign a bunch of lads we've not had any links with or discussed or even know about after Edwards pulls a blinder and sells them a youtube video of us twatting Barca.

Get them all done early so we can be done with any nonsense again. In LFC Recruitment we trust.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Genuinely can't wait to sign a bunch of lads we've not had any links with or discussed or even know about after Edwards pulls a blinder and sells them a youtube video of us twatting Barca.

Get them all done early so we can be done with any nonsense again. In LFC Recruitment we trust.

Is funny you say that. 

I was lurking on redcafe the other day and they where talking about mane, they where all crying out for Madrid or Barcelona to turn his head then someone remarked that they'd think Klopp would just replace him with some kid for 5 million, who nobody heard of, and he'd be just as good. 

I chuckled, I used to think the same about them not to long ago 

Dépaysement may have  had 15 good games in 2 years for Lyon, there’s no chance he comes to us.

Gomez is very good, but he keeps getting injured for long spells, is he reliable ? No. Still can’t imagine we splash so much money for CD.

I still believe Fekir is coming. No inside info but there’s absolutely no rumors about him and he’s leaving Lyon for sure. It does not make sense.

1 hour ago, INTORRESTING said:

Depay's rap after hitting 5 million followers on Instagram tells us all we need to know.  Do not need that shite anywhere near our club.

I am surprised we are being linked with him - the guy is a complete tit.

Memphis Bellend

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Dépaysement may have  had 15 good games in 2 years for Lyon, there’s no chance he comes to us.

Gomez is very good, but he keeps getting injured for long spells, is he reliable ? No. Still can’t imagine we splash so much money for CD.

I still believe Fekir is coming. No inside info but there’s absolutely no rumors about him and he’s leaving Lyon for sure. It does not make sense.

Agree Fekir is leaving. I think it would be the right thing for him and Lyon to move on. It's run out its course.

But I don't know why we would go back in for him. We've said the reason we didn't buy him was medical. Now with 12 months left on his deal, we decide to buy him after all for the discount? Would we lie about that?

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Agree Fekir is leaving. I think it would be the right thing for him and Lyon to move on. It's run out its course.

But I don't know why we would go back in for him. We've said the reason we didn't buy him was medical. Now with 12 months left on his deal, we decide to buy him after all for the discount? Would we lie about that?

Have you asked Dave about that 'Ligue 1 Guy' shield to put under your avatar, mate?

• Upvote 1

A midfield of Gini, on form Keita and Fekir would definitely help plough through some of the midtable shite we got stuck on like Everton and Manure. Question is, is Fekir good enough for us now? We need to be adding someone with De Bruyne of Coutinho levels of potential.

I really dont see why people would even get behind signing Depay anymore. He's no kid and we already have Shaq to be our gifted but flawed squad option.

8 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

A midfield of Gini, on form Keita and Fekir would definitely help plough through some of the midtable shite we got stuck on like Everton and Manure. Question is, is Fekir good enough for us now? We need to be adding someone with De Bruyne of Coutinho levels of potential.

I really dont see why people would even get behind signing Depay anymore. He's no kid and we already have Shaq to be our gifted but flawed squad option.

Not sold on Shaq tbh.  What we have seen from him recently has been at best average despite a good start to the season. Not the sort of player that wants to fight for a shirt.  

Guest Alex_K

Players like De Ligt -- if he improves on or even just continues his performance levels at 19 -- become available on the market once in a generation. Struggling to think of a defender in the modern history of the game as hyped at that age as him. With Gomez constantly injured through one issue or another it makes a lot of sense if we are interested.

You can't lose a game of football if you never concede. A back 5 of Alisson-VVD-De Ligt-TAA-Robertson approaches '05 Milan levels of obscenity with Dida-Nesta-Stam-old Cafu-old Maldini (prime Maldini and prime Cafu clearly different story).

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I would disagree -- I think he is probably playing the best he ever has and near the top of what he can do. That may not be enough to get into this side regularly.

Possibly but in any event I think we need a better attacking option off the bench

I think that Ox providing he comes back from his injury showing the signs he did before the injury will play a big part in the midfield next season but we are still lacking creativity, we need someone that can unlock defences, City have been devastating in midfield with Silva, Silva and De Bruyne....

We are being linked with quite a few players, the one who’s impressed me this season has been Brandt and Kai Havertz, I think Havertz is going to be special, looks absolute quality.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Players like De Ligt -- if he improves on or even just continues his performance levels at 19 -- become available on the market once in a generation. Struggling to think of a defender in the modern history of the game as hyped at that age as him. With Gomez constantly injured through one issue or another it makes a lot of sense if we are interested.

You can't lose a game of football if you never concede. A back 5 of Alisson-VVD-De Ligt-TAA-Robertson approaches '05 Milan levels of obscenity with Dida-Nesta-Stam-old Cafu-old Maldini (prime Maldini and prime Cafu clearly different story).

Agreed, I love Gomez but I can't see him ever being a rock.  If we get in De Ligt, we have the back 5 covered for years.  An incredible back 5 who can do everything.  This is a golden chance to secure a once in a generation player.

We should get in another world class forward.  These guys cant play every game, we need to mix it up.  I don't agree with just backup, get the best we can and make our current crop even better.  Look at Salah and Mane fighting for the golden boot - get another player in there - crank it up a notch.

I would also go for a central midfielder who is a constant goal threat, especially from distance, and knows his way around a free kick.

We have loads of filler to sell and a couple of squad players should be bought in or kids promoted.

Think De Ligt makes sense. He will become one of the best defenders of his generation and could be with us for 10-12 years. 

Don't get me wrong I love Joey Gomez. He is a top young player but he will have a spell out next season I've no doubt. It's more inevitable than orcs in Burnley and Stoke voting for Brexit. We were just lucky that Virg never got injured this season and Joel Matip was terrific. Joe can cover right back if needs be. Knowing the Dutch, De Ligt can probably play in 2-3 positions. No harm having Alli, 6 top defenders in front of him and a really good number 2. I've heard it that Jurgen loves young Kelleher so we might not even be spending on a 2nd keeper. We could sell Lovren to fund a good reliable lb should robbo need the odd break or be injured for a spell.

Would love a bit more of competition in attack, whether it be a really good young player who plays like Bobby as he is so unique to our game. Divock deserves a good bit of game time next season, going on his recent displays.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K

The great thing is that - Milner aside - we have no players who are impactful for the first 11 coming to the end of their shelf life. With Aguero, Silva, Fernandinho and Kompany, City cannot say the same

11 hours ago, Boss said:

Joe Gomez has missed 565 days through injury since he arrived.

and in all seriousness this is the problem.I have no issue with the ability of our non VvD Center halfs other than none can be relied on to consistently remain  free from injury or whatever the fuck Lovren has this week