You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Red tops reporting that Utd have a deal agreed in principle for Dybala. Hmmm...

Don't care who they sign. They'll still have a manager whose face looks like he should be on a Rice Krispies box. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Red tops reporting that Utd have a deal agreed in principle for Dybala. Hmmm...

I hope they do, that Paul Danan looking schmuck will bomb quicker than a firebrand cleric with the access codes.

He’ll cost an absolute fortune in fees and wages, do it Ed, do it!

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

He looks good. Interested to hear your views on him @Arnaud

I hardly watch Ligue 1. But I respect 3 stacks view so I give LY approval. More seriously, every one I know agrees he’s a very good player and a terrific prospect. 

• Upvote 1

Bayern have supposedly dropped out of the race for Pepe. Got to think that'll be to do with getting Werner maybe as he can play both wide and through the middle. Inter and Arsenal interested aswell. Arsenal dont have the money according to reports(only 40/50ml plus sales and they need too many to do that deal). Surely we can blow Inter offer away unless he wants no competetion for places. 

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pepe is just an absolute perfect fit. Couldn't be better for the way we set up, our style, the age of the players we usually get, etc.... Brandt if he's willing to come, is a no brainer as well given the reported low release clause. Those two would cover loads of positions.

Completely agree. Still my main two picks for the summer. Pepe can cover any of the front positions, and Brandt is equally comfortable on the wings and in central midfield. Perfect fits for our fluid style of play.

19 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pepe is just an absolute perfect fit. Couldn't be better for the way we set up, our style, the age of the players we usually get, etc.... Brandt if he's willing to come, is a no brainer as well given the reported low release clause. Those two would cover loads of positions.

Does he not play inside left though? The ideal would be someone  who can switch flanks but primarily sub in for Manè's position.

18 minutes ago, Em City said:

Does he not play inside left though? The ideal would be someone  who can switch flanks but primarily sub in for Manè's position.

Pepe plays on the right, but he's played striker before for a decent period of time and he can switch positions with the other front players in-game effectively. He's in the exact mold of Salah. I don't think there's a better supplement to Mane and Salah than him. He does pretty much the same things they do. 

I don't understand the Pepe and Asensio connection. Asensio is left footed so should really be playing on the right and Pepe plays on the right as well. Shouldn't we be going for one left footed and one right footed?

Sorry, I meant inside right. Agree with Boss there. We should be looking for a right footed player to play on the left who can also play up front. We already have Shaq and potentially Wilson to come in for Salah.

33 minutes ago, Boss said:

I don't understand the Pepe and Asensio connection. Asensio is left footed so should really be playing on the right and Pepe plays on the right as well. Shouldn't we be going for one left footed and one right footed?

Mate, we will not be signing Pepe and Asensio.

One of them is a slight possibility, no way would we go for both. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I guess we won't be buying two of them and trying to keep 6 players happy with Brewster. 

Mane can play either wing or through the middle 

Salah in the right and through the middle 

Firmino through the middle 

Brewster through the middle 

Origi on the left and through the middle 

I wonder with Origi stepping up if we sign anyone if he agrees new deal. He's not going to stay playing as few games as he did this year. Seems to be getting his confidence back too