You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will once again attempt to sign Spain midfielder Marco Asensio, 23, from Real Madrid. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Anyone watched much of him last year. 

Doesn't seem to have really kicked on. Its not like he is a kid at 23 and talk of huge fee's seem a bit much 

I won't doubt any signing klopp and Edward make, 

But is he a bit "fancy" for us? 

We're a team of full fairly tough men. No fannies, he strikes me as someone that would put on aftershave at half time. 

Saying that, the few times I've seen him he has been pretty damn good. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I won't doubt any signing klopp and Edward make, 

But is he a bit "fancy" for us? 

We're a team of full fairly tough men. No fannies, he strikes me as someone that would put on aftershave at half time. 

Saying that, the few times I've seen him he has been pretty damn good. 

Keep away from the Nivea adverts Lee .

Full credit to Klopp and in fairness FSG. We are now in a position were we can go and take players from Madrid. Asensio is class and auto text changes his name to baseball which is surely a sign?

Don't think they'd sell to us though

Chelsea ban upheld for transfer ban. Say they are taking it to CAS. Sounds like a stalling tactic to get summer transfers over the line. Probably spend a fortune knowing they won't spend after like Barcelona did. Hopefully FIFA refuse to allow them to register players during appeal

1 minute ago, Boss said:

We're being linked with De Ligt, Pepe and Asensio. 

I don't actually think that we need De Ligt for the money that we'd have to spend on him.

Asensio, big time, but I don't think we'd spend £100m on him either.

Chukwueze at Villarreal looks the business.

Gutting to probably miss out on the League. But, the Champions League the last 2 years makes us extremely attractive  proposition to European players, probably even moreso than being League Champions. Top players around Europe must look at that last night, the ground, the atmosphere, the players, Klopp and think, fuck I want some of that. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

We're being linked with De Ligt, Pepe and Asensio. 

These three and the two as well for City are really just blue chips on the table -- young enough to not really be a gamble. 

I would pay market value for any of those players without thinking about how they would fit in tbh. Cream rises.

The wages on the other hand will dictate what we do as opposed to City. If someone is going to throw north of 150k a week at De Ligt then there is no value.

Just now, Boss said:

Asensio has scored 1 goal all season as part of a front three. That's got to be a concern. He's scored 6 goals the season before, so he's not exactly prolific. 

Real Madrid, collectively, have been an utter shambles all season. 

Madrid fan

Asensio wouldn't even get in the Everton team. 

Callejon is and has always been better. He's not even at that level. Zero desire. 

I will pray for armageddon if Asensio takes minutes away from Vinicius and Ibrahim. 

1 goal this season. 1 goal. 

Isco and Asensio need to leave so we can give minutes to Vinicius, Ibrahim and Rodrygo. Hungry players.

Pepe is just an absolute perfect fit. Couldn't be better for the way we set up, our style, the age of the players we usually get, etc.... Brandt if he's willing to come, is a no brainer as well given the reported low release clause. Those two would cover loads of positions.