You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

On 15/04/2019 at 14:37, Ne Moe Imya said:

Oh, and I think Brewster will 100% be ready to get significant minutes next season. I'm not saying he should be Firmino's primary backup or anything but I'd be quite surprised if he was healthy all year and didn't get 1000 minutes or so. He's going to be a really, really good player; just to take one example, he's probably not far at all off Rashford's level even now.

Brewtser is no where near Rashford's level right now.

Brewster probably isn't even better than Ben Woodburn right now.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

A few rumours on Twatter that we've agreed a fee of €50m (£43m) with Liepzig and agreed terms with Timo Werner. Offering more money than Bayern.

This feels like Naby Keita all over again.

20 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

He is clearly going to Bayern and to be honest I'm not sure he's quite what we need anyway.

Yeah, Germany’s first choice striker + Bayern interested = No chance of him moving abroad. 

I haven’t seen enough of him to know if he’s what we need but we need someone of real quality to take some of the burden off Mane/Salah/Firmino. 

13 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

A few rumours on Twatter that we've agreed a fee of €50m (£43m) with Liepzig and agreed terms with Timo Werner. Offering more money than Bayern.

If true, which it probably isn't, then it would be a great deal. I've wanted him for a long time. He will infuriate a few because he can go through patches of brilliance followed by his end product being... weird. I think he's the perfect player to bring in, though. He is able to play across the front three positions, he's quick as fuck, direct as fuck, scores a lot of goals. 

I’m not convinced by Werner, but I’ve seen him only less than a dozen times for Germany and RBL combined. He seems quick but not rapid. He can carry the ball, but he isn’t particularly skilful. He’s a proper number 9 but he seems to miss a lot of chances. One thing I do like about him is that he looks to be a very direct player. 

Werner is like Kuyt with a bit more pace. His touch is a bit crap, he’s not the most skilful, but he runs a lot, can play wide or central and knows where the goal is. Would be a pretty ideal back up for the top 3 positions really. Definitely a level below our current 3, but definitely a level up on the Shaq, Sturridge, Origi options.

He’ll go to Bayern though.

44 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Werner is like Kuyt with a bit more pace. His touch is a bit crap, he’s not the most skilful, but he runs a lot, can play wide or central and knows where the goal is. Would be a pretty ideal back up for the top 3 positions really. Definitely a level below our current 3, but definitely a level up on the Shaq, Sturridge, Origi options.

He’ll go to Bayern though.

Therein lies the issue for me. We are so lucky that Mane and Salah have pace but it is their touch and ability to control balls pinged at them which makes the difference. When they off form the ball comes back through our midfield and puts the defence under so much more pressure. So for the system to work we need to get a slight downgrade in pace but try and get someone with touch and control who can play across all three positions. The more I say it the only player I can think off is Zaha (and you aint losing much pace there) think he needs to be bought pay him Sturridges wages and keep Shaq and let Divock go

Fuck it just seen the videos bin this diver break bank for Timo

• Upvote 1