You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

The Lyon fans aren't particularly complimentary about him. They say he makes bad choices, his passing is poor and he's only had 6 or 7 good games this season. He's treated with impunity by the coach and he's been hampered physically since the knee injury. Also that he plays for himself. Some have asked for him to be stripped of the captaincy. 

13 minutes ago, Boss said:

The Lyon fans aren't particularly complimentary about him. They say he makes bad choices, his passing is poor and he's only had 6 or 7 good games this season. He's treated with impunity by the coach and he's been hampered physically since the knee injury. Also that he plays for himself. Some have asked for him to be stripped of the captaincy. 

Captain you say? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I saw a figure of 472,000 quoted further up the page. It’s all starting to make sense. 

That explains why she left looking like the stay puffed marshmallow man had just disintegrated all over her. Fair play to he she had a smile on her face the whole time.

1 hour ago, Em City said:

I've only seen him a few times but I am irrationally desperate for Fekir to sign for us. I'd reckon he'd be perfect for us.

Opinions resident Ligue 1 experts?

I've had reservations with him because of his injury history and the fact that he's tactically inflexible.

A few years ago, he was comparable in talent to Hazard and had pace and power to boot. He was incredible. After his knee tear, he's less able to beat his man and is way less explosive. He still has a lovely left foot, is good in the final third and uses his body well to draw fouls, but it's just different.

Unfortunately though, to me he can only really play in Firmino's position, which is in false 9. He would be really good in that position or in a second striker role but he doesn't like playing on the wing and even as a #10 who drops deep, I don't think he's that effective, although he could play there. 

This season, it was obvious he had very little motivation left. Wasn't as consistent, and he mostly showed up in the bigger matches only. He should have gone last summer. Despite this, I think he's a good character and he comes across well.

Basically though, I think he's a bit of a  risk. I'm sure he'd be good because we have plenty of other great attacking players, he wouldn't have so much pressure to be the focal point and he would undoubtedly link up well with everyone, but I feel like there may be better options than him. Maybe for the price, we wouldn't find better, though, that could also be a factor.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Boss said:

The Lyon fans dislike pretty much everyone at their club at the moment. In general, he's been very good for them and is a local guy.

I think they want him and lots of others to be sold, but that's more a commentary on the incompetence of the club as a whole, not on Fekir in particular. They just want a fresh start. 

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Lyon fans dislike pretty much everyone at their club at the moment. In general, he's been very good for them and is a local guy.

I think they want him and lots of others to be sold, but that's more a commentary on the incompetence of the club as a whole, not on Fekir in particular. They just want a fresh start. 

That's because the club is run by a complete Aulas.

• Upvote 2

Sounds like he should sign for the Mancs