You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He’d be a great signing for us at that price. Virgil would keep him honest too. 

If Lyon want to sell on the cheap you know there's issue with him. Best left being a big fish in a small pond 

They wrote 30 M minimum if I remember correctly. Depay is having a mare this season. Hes good one gave out of five, he would nit cope with our standard , abs he does not fit in with the Klopp way. 

Pepe on the other hand is the perfect option. Lille will cash in on him because they need money and that is their business model. He’s good , fast , consistent. 

• Upvote 3

Was watching a rerun of Barca vs Atleti earlier and one thing was glaringly obvious, that the malingering shithouse Coutinho is the perfect player for us.

Quick, hard working, inventive and creative, still only 26 and at a reported £80m he would be a bargain (in so much that he would fill 2 holes in the squad / left side attacker and creative midfielder). And did I mention his long shots and free kicks ?

If it's true that Coutinho is available this summer, then we shouldn't cut our nose off to spite our face. Re-sign him, he's exactly the player we're lacking.

Oh, and elephant man Costa is still a fucking dirty stupid bastard.

• Upvote 1

Football is a business. Players come and go. Rarely, if ever are we in a situation where a great player can return in their prime. Usually we lose that player for good or they arrive back well past their best. This is one of those rare occasions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

Football is a business. Players come and go. Rarely, if ever are we in a situation where a great player can return in their prime. Usually we lose that player for good or they arrive back well past their best. This is one of those rare occasions.

You really think he wants to come back or that we would pay the money? There's 0% chance he's coming back. 

I'd rather have Bruno Fernandes or Julian Brandt than Coutinho anyway, when you take their fees into account.

Although we're not really hearing any more rumours about targets at the #10 position. It really feels like we may go after a centre back and maybe a couple of backups (at left back and then a versatile player who can cover the front 3).

Hard to say for sure, though. Ever since Brendan left we seem to keep things very quiet. Occasionally something leaks from the other end but not much is getting out of Edwards' office before the ink is dry on the contract.

Edit: also if we're talking Lyon players then Depay isn't the one I'd be after (and I've said on here before how much I like him). All about Aouar if you're looking for Lyon players that would look good in red.

5 hours ago, Boss said:

Out of interest, how many former players have the club gone on to re-sign? I can only think of Rush, Staunton and Fowler. Aurelio's contract had already expired when he re-signed for the club.

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Out of interest, how many former players have the club gone on to re-sign? I can only think of Rush, Staunton and Fowler. Aurelio's contract had already expired when he re-signed for the club.

Bellamy

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Rickie Lambert was released by us and came back about 20 years later. That's all I can think of.

Rush is the most similar to the Coutinho situation.