You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

5 minutes ago, aws said:

But they could easily lose a couple of players if they're not in CL and will have difficulty replacing  them with top quality. 

If they have a wobble I think it will only be for a season or two.  I don't think they will suffer long term. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

If they have a wobble I think it will only be for a season or two.  I don't think they will suffer long term. 

I think you're probably right so long as Levy is steering the ship. But it would be good to put them under pressure to keep their place in the top six. I don't see our other rivals as being as vulnerable.  

5 minutes ago, aws said:

I think you're probably right so long as Levy is steering the ship. But it would be good to put them under pressure to keep their place in the top six. I don't see our other rivals as being as vulnerable.  

I'm in two minds now.  At first, I wanted them to drop out of the top four.  But now I think the Mancs and Arsenal will consolidate if they both finish top four and become a real threat again.  So perhaps it is better if Spurs sneak in for another season?

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think he will only have a year left on his contract this summer

And they are still saying 140ml. They want more than we got for Coutinho. Twats to deal with. 

I happily take Alli, we would be that attacking midfielder we lack. Able to get ahead of the forwards and add the goals. Same with Erik's on,, would be superb as the link man from a deeper position. 

We will get neither though

30 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I'm in two minds now.  At first, I wanted them to drop out of the top four.  But now I think the Mancs and Arsenal will consolidate if they both finish top four and become a real threat again.  So perhaps it is better if Spurs sneak in for another season?

To be honest, so long as the Mancs are out of the CL I'll be happy enough with whoever does get in. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Arsenal won't ever spend big on 2-3 players in one transfer window

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

And they are still saying 140ml. They want more than we got for Coutinho. Twats to deal with. 

I happily take Alli, we would be that attacking midfielder we lack. Able to get ahead of the forwards and add the goals. Same with Erik's on,, would be superb as the link man from a deeper position. 

I like the cut of Erik's on's jib. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Alli is too good a goal scorer to be ‘wasted’ in midfield IMO.

Bayern apparently are still trying their hardest to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi and Nicolas Pepe. I just watched a couple of clips of the latter and he looked a very good player in Ligue 1? If he could make the step-up, he’d be an ideal rotation option for the front three.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Bayern apparently are still trying their hardest to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi and Nicolas Pepe. I just watched a couple of clips of the latter and he looked a very good player in Ligue 1? If he could make the step-up, he’d be an ideal rotation option for the front three.

Pepe would be the best fit out of almost anybody for me. He'd basically occupy the same positions as Salah (right wing but has the ability to play up front). I've watched him a lot and I think he'd also be a great fit for the Premier League. He's fast and he has the physicality and ability to protect the ball. To me he's similar to Salah and Mane in that the technique is not always clean and it's inconsistent, but he has match-winning quality and defenders shit their pants around him. He's also one of those players that is visibly demanding of his teammates on the pitch and demands excellence. He has ego in a good way and his teammates seem to respect him. 

The Lille team he plays in has been one of the best counter-attacking teams around this season and it's mostly because of him. It's really just a matter of can he replicate some of his end-product in England that he's shown in France and could he establish himself in our attack and become a legitimate option, because it's not easy with the quality we already have. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pepe would be the best fit out of almost anybody for me. He'd basically occupy the same positions as Salah (right wing but has the ability to play up front). I've watched him a lot and I think he'd also be a great fit for the Premier League. He's fast and he has the physicality and ability to protect the ball. To me he's similar to Salah and Mane in that the technique is not always clean and it's inconsistent, but he has match-winning quality and defenders shit their pants around him. He's also one of those players that is visibly demanding of his teammates on the pitch and demands excellence. He has ego in a good way and his teammates seem to respect him. 

The Lille team he plays in has been one of the best counter-attacking teams around this season and it's mostly because of him. It's really just a matter of can he replicate some of his end-product in England that he's shown in France and could he establish himself in our attack and become a legitimate option, because it's not easy with the quality we already have. 

How's that Portuguese kid shaped up in the second half of the season?

Just now, Pidge said:

How's that Portuguese kid shaped up in the second half of the season?

Are you talking about Rafael Leao? I think he looks like a tremendous prospect. He's got it all to be a top centre forward eventually and he's already quite good. He's tall, got size, good technique, fast.