You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Quite amazing to think we could be looking at bringing in 90ml or so without losing much of the players that play. 

Ings

Mingolet

Moreno

Clyne

Lallana 

Milner(assuming he goes) 

Origi

Sturridge 

Kent 

Awoniyi

Ejaria

Not only the cash from sales but there has to be near 500k a week in savings in all them too. 

Add to that I reckon Lovren will go. Don't see him as the type to sit on the bench and be happy. Another what 15-20ml and 90k off the wage bill. 

Solanke as well for 19m.

Bogdan, Allan, Chirivella and Randall will also leave. We won't get much for them but they still have a wage. 

I think Sturridge and Milner alone would reduce the wage bill by 300k

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-f.c/payroll/

These figures are approximate but if Ings is getting his 75k a week wages paid by Southampton then Liverpool are shelling out 783 grand a week on:

Milner

Sturridge 

Lallana

Moreno 

Lovren

Mignolet 

Origi

Clyne

Karius

Bogdan

Ojo

Ejaria

Randall

Not sure why Markovic is on there as I thought he left to go to Fulham. The useless twat was on 75k a week. No wonder he never wanted to leave.

Some of the others on loan might have their wages subsidised. I can't see Bournemouth paying Clyne 70 grand a week.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Don’t know why people put Milner in those dross and failures lists. Is it because of his wages? He’s contributed a huge amount over the last two years and deserves whatever he’s earning. Hope he’s still around next season. 

I think people are assuming he wants to move on

25 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

So we've got a 720k a week situation.

Can we slap.it on a table somewhere?

Loadsamoney! Wop your wad on the counter! 

I only put Milner and Lovren on there as it's been rumored that Milner wants to leave and I think his contract expires in the summer. No news yet on an extension.

Lovren is on there due to the recent speculation that other clubs may come in for him and he has fallen down the pecking order, therefore he may want to leave. Also I doubt the owners like the fact that a 4th choice centre back with dubious fitness earns 100k a week. When he signed the contract he was considered a regular starter.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I only put Milner and Lovren on there as it's been rumored that Milner wants to leave and I think his contract expires in the summer. No news yet on an extension.

Lovren is on there due to the recent speculation that other clubs may come in for him and he has fallen down the pecking order, therefore he may want to leave. Also I doubt the owners like the fact that a 4th choice centre back with dubious fitness earns 100k a week. When he signed the contract he was considered a regular starter.

Yeah, just saw that stuff with Lovren on the main page, apologies. I didn't realise Milner was in the last few months of his contract either. I don't really understand him wanting to leave for Leeds. Why go there when you've still got something left to offer challenging for titles and the Champions League? Doesn't make sense, but he seems to have a habit of leaving clubs at the perfect time to preserve his legacy. 

Selling Lovren is a mistake in my opinion. If we're getting De Ligt or someone of that calibre, I can understand it, but if it's someone like Godrey, it doesn't make much sense. 

No issue is Lovren stays at all

I added him to a list because i don't see him wanting to hang around as 3/4 choice CB.

Same with Milner,if Leeds comes up i reckon he goes, seems to be the thought for a while. I'd happily see him stay another year but i do think we have seen him start to slow down at times this year,especially if he is asked to play 2 games in a week

5 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

We could most likely sell him and meet Alderweireld’s release clause without losing any money

I'd keep Lovren over bringing in Alderweireld to be honest with you. Mo is happy as Larry when he's around Lovren. Alderweireld is the better player though, no question, but the bond this squad has is special and has it's own intangible benefit on the team. Just my opinion of course.

1 minute ago, Boss said:

I'd keep Lovren over bringing in Alderweireld to be honest with you. Mo is happy as Larry when he's around Lovren. Alderweireld is the better player though, no question, but the bond this squad has is special and has it's own intangible benefit on the team. Just my opinion of course.

Alderweild also wants over 200k a week. 

12 hours ago, Boss said:

Fair point mate.

Meant from the POV of what calibre defender would likely be available in a similar price bracket, should Lovren not be happy with Gomez and maybe even Matip being ahead of him next season.

Or, in my opinion more importantly, if Klopp deems having 3 defenders with unreliable fitness records too big a risk for another season.

• Upvote 1