You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool are keen to sell Ryan Kent this summer but a permanent move to Rangers looks unlikely as the Reds want a fee of £8-10m for his services. [Daily Record]

The Mirror reckons we want £12m for him.

I have Matt Ritchie as a comparison for him at this point. Real talent, but he's probably got a long road to refine/prove it. 

I'll be truly baffled if Chelsea sell Hudson-Odoi. They're already losing Hazard and will have a transfer ban. They'll basically have a full season to play him pretty much every game which could persuade him to sign a new deal. 

But yeah, I hope we're in his ear, still. Young English players right now are an absolute goldmine. A few good games and you've got a 100+m player on your hands. 

If they keep him then I'd be shocked if he didn't leave on a free at the end of it (or maybe sign for them, but with a massive payrise).

I still don't really understand why more players don't run down their contracts. If you're after the money it's the absolute best way to set yourself up to earn the most.

Think of it from the buying club's perspective - they only care about the total amount a player costs them per season. So if they buy someone for £50m and pay them £100k/week for a 5-year deal that comes out to a total cost of £15m/season (10m/season amortisation of the fee and 5m/season to the player). 2/3 of the total outlay goes to the player's former club and not the player himself, but if you're the buyer you don't really care which of them gets what.

So if the same player comes available on a free, and he's willing to sign for £250k/week (£12.5m/season) it's a relative bargain. But to the player it's a huge increase in his salary as he's on over twice as much. From the player's perspective I don't understand why you wouldn't want as much as the total cost the club is paying to come to you as possible. After all, if they're paying £15m/season for you, wouldn't you rather more of that money came to you rather than your former club?

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Luka Jovic in Lisbon, Barcelona have pressed on the player more to show him the desire of the club to have him.

Translates to the typical Barcelona tactic

Start kicking up a stink and demand to leave, our players will start to say how great you are and how its not fair you can't leave

More than a club..... Fuck right off

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bayern Munich have agreed a £68m deal to sign Lucas Hernandez from Atletico Madrid in the summer. They'd also agreed to sign Stuttgart's Benjamin Pavard for about half that fee, so they'll have both of France's World Cup full backs in their squad next season.

Just now, Trumo said:

Bayern Munich have agreed a £68m deal to sign Lucas Hernandez from Atletico Madrid in the summer. They'd also agreed to sign Stuttgart's Benjamin Pavard for about half that fee, so they'll have both of France's World Cup full backs in their squad next season.

Don't forget, they can't compete with us for money that's why they lost

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

If they keep him then I'd be shocked if he didn't leave on a free at the end of it (or maybe sign for them, but with a massive payrise).

I still don't really understand why more players don't run down their contracts. If you're after the money it's the absolute best way to set yourself up to earn the most.

Think of it from the buying club's perspective - they only care about the total amount a player costs them per season. So if they buy someone for £50m and pay them £100k/week for a 5-year deal that comes out to a total cost of £15m/season (10m/season amortisation of the fee and 5m/season to the player). 2/3 of the total outlay goes to the player's former club and not the player himself, but if you're the buyer you don't really care which of them gets what.

So if the same player comes available on a free, and he's willing to sign for £250k/week (£12.5m/season) it's a relative bargain. But to the player it's a huge increase in his salary as he's on over twice as much. From the player's perspective I don't understand why you wouldn't want as much as the total cost the club is paying to come to you as possible. After all, if they're paying £15m/season for you, wouldn't you rather more of that money came to you rather than your former club?

I understand it. If they fail at the new club (Sanchez) or fail to give outstanding performances for the club they've re-signed with (Ozil), they are essentially unsellable, because nobody wants to pick up the wages. Once you accept £200,000 a week then you've got to play like a £200,000 a week player until the end of your career to justify it. It organically sows the seeds of discontent when your performances don't match the wage.

You are purposely sticking your head above the parapet, and that can go one of two ways. It's not a problem for the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez etc, players that make the game look easy, but someone like Ramsey on £400,000 a week stands no chance with the Turin fans. There is no conceivable way he can live up to it because the wages are so out of step with his ability. Being paid relative to your ability and importance in the team is usually the best policy, and allows for a longer more fruitful career. 

• Upvote 1