You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

29 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Get all of that fella, but for me, a high class striker with a couple of the 'supposed' youth coming through, feels like the right choice for me.

What we'd give for an 18 year old Robbie Fowler coming through right now from the youth set up. 

An 18 year Robbie Fowler, strictly living by the current training and diets requirements, would be world class already and stay world class for 15 years.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

An 18 year Robbie Fowler, strictly living by the current training and diets requirements, would be world class already and stay world class for 15 years.

True, but we'd only need him for about 5 years to win the league three times and the European cup twice.

• Upvote 1

Brandt and Alderweireld have release causes of £21 and £25 million.

The sales of Lovren, Wilson Mignolet and Clyne, plus Sturridge, Milner and Moreno off the wage bill will cover that. 

A squad of;

Alisson, David Marshall (Free) Kelleher

TAA,Gomez, VVD, Alderweireld(25 M) , Matip, Robertson, Sessegnon(30M)

Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Ox, Brandt(21 M), Wijnaldum, Lallana

Salah, Firmino, Mane, Shaqiri, Origi, Werner (50M) 

Is achievable, although I think Werner will go to Bayern, Alderweireld to United and Sessegnon to Spurs.

It shows that we could significantly improve our squad though without needing to make a huge net spend. 

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Brandt and Alderweireld have release causes of £21 and £25 million.

The sales of Lovren, Wilson Mignolet and Clyne, plus Sturridge, Milner and Moreno off the wage bill will cover that. 

A squad of;

Alisson, David Marshall (Free) Kelleher

TAA,Gomez, VVD, Alderweireld(25 M) , Matip, Robertson, Sessegnon(30M)

Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Ox, Brandt(21 M), Wijnaldum, Lallana

Salah, Firmino, Mane, Shaqiri, Origi, Werner (50M) 

Is achievable, although I think Werner will go to Bayern, Alderweireld to United and Sessegnon to Spurs.

It shows that we could significantly improve our squad though without needing to make a huge net spend. 

I like Alderweireld, and think he’d be a major upgrade on Lovren. But can’t see us getting players at that age in on massive wages.

Your point however is valid, it’s possible to improve without spending completely crazy money. Mainly by doing what we’ve done with Robertson, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Firmino and Mane, buying players with the potential to make the final step, with the right mentality and that suit our style of play. And developing them into top players.

36 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Deffo outies - Moreno, Sturridge, Origi, Karius

Maybe outies - Lovren, Milner, Adam(not feeling it though)

The rest stay.

Inies - boss striker, the two kids mentioned, up and coming left back, and a boss on a free attacking mid-fielder.

We sold that fat scottish no-toothed cunt years ago. 

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

But now Zidane is back, so is Real’s desire to land the Senegal star

Apparently, Real’s pursuit of Mane was ‘very advanced’ last year and his recent form will do nothing to dampen their interest.

66ed9e80f7bc175a44e05ab0cf231106.gif

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Did I just read above that De Ligt doesn't improve out defence when Gomez is fit???? I rate Gomez but De Ligt is on another level. 

In the sense we already have the best in Europe. 

Gomez was so fucking good this season pre injury. Matip has meant we’ve not missed him too much thankfully.

5 minutes ago, LF:D said:

What has he done wrong? 

He's crap. He gives the ball away every time he runs forward, he gets a yellow card or forces somebody else to take a yellow because of his suicide runs forward. He gives away far too many free kicks. He's like a shorter version of Lucas. Weak in the tackle, weak in the air, and doesn't score enough goals other than fucking OGs. 

What has he done right?

• Downvote 1